New member + a few questions on how to properly setup F@H

Hi!

I would like some advice on how to configure F@H.
I'm entirely new to it, but it seemed like something I can run while I sleep. Not much into the whole charity thing, but if I can use my computer then sure - it's already on 24/7 :)

I'm new to the forums as well, first post! I've always lurked around other forums such as xtremesystems without actually doing anything, but since Linus and Slick gives me so much joy through YouTube I actively felt like I would join in somehow :)

I've gotten as far as installing it, creating passkey and entering team/passkey on the website that pops up.

I don't understand why its listing my GPU though while it's just saying "wait.....10seconds etc"

Is gpu folding not supported for some reason?

I was also wondering if the best way  to use F@H is by simply using the http://folding.stanford.edu/client/ and adjust the slider - or are you all using the Expert mode?

I just want to make sure it's not stressing my computer in any way when I'm gaming.

Ty in advance!

Welcome To the club and forum :)

I was also wondering if the best way  to use F@H is by simply using the http://folding.stanford.edu/client/ and adjust the slider - or are you all using the Expert mode?

1 Expert mode is only if you want to use F@H with values and remote setting etc... normal mode on F@H is the same.

I just want to make sure it's not stressing my computer in any way when I'm gaming.

2 if you want to play games and not stress testing it, place the slider to medium.

I don't understand why its listing my GPU though while it's just saying "wait.....10seconds etc"

Is gpu folding not supported for some reason?

3 you're gpu is waiting for a screensaver to pop on to fold.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

lol thought it was Kuzma

Same.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

lol thought it was Kuzma

I'm sorry, what? :)

Welcome To the club and forum :)

1 Expert mode is only if you want to use F@H with values and remote setting etc... normal mode on F@H is the same.

2 if you want to play games and not stress testing it, the slide the slider to medium.

3 you're gpu is waiting for a screensaver to pop on to fold.

Thanks!

Oh, so it only works with the screensaver on. Well, I guess it would've worked after I left the computer anyway then, since I enabled the option when installing F@H. Good confirmation though.

I'm sorry, what? :)

You have the same avatar that a member called kuzma had but he doesn't have it anymore

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

:D moi

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

damn. I just spent 5 minutes googling a coolass avatar and it becomes old with my first post.

I guess I'll be inheriting your old avatar then, hehe.

damn. I just spent 5 minutes googling a coolass avatar and it becomes old with my first post.

Ask a mod to change your name to kuzma jr :P

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

dude googling "anime avatar" it's like 5 scroll downs xD

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

What is your GPU? Maybe it's not supported. And if you want no disturbing parts when gaming turn it off then , better off that way. I personally leave it at full and game at the same time without much of a problem.

If you need a list of what each option on the slider does, here the web site explaining it.  :)

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/FAHClient/wiki/ClientPerformanceLevels

Man, that site hurts my eyes :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99