Crap People say.

SheriffHD

Ok, well I have a friend who knows nothing about computers. massive apple fan boy though.

But over time, i have finally managed to get his attention to pc gaming.

Ive started this thread because my dear old friend asked some pretty retarded questions, and i thought it would be funny to see if any one else has anything along the lines of "Sh*t people say"

so for instance, the first thing that made me question his inteligeance.

(Im sat at my desk, I have an empty case opened up with the internal of the case in full view of my friend)

He looks at my computer, sits down firmly, and compliments me on having such a nice looking case. He then pushes the power switch then looks and in fustration looks inside the computer (the side panel is off remember) he then looks back at the power button turns to me and asks "I guess this machine is broken then, as it isnt even turning on"

I have a puzzled look on my face, and end up having to look inside my case my self to check that it was infact empty and that i hadnt installed a system and forgot about it. needless to say when i saw that i wasnt crazy and that the case was empty, i turned to my friend laughed and called him an idiot.

about 10 minutes later, as i sat him down and tried to explain how much building a rig will cost, I put together a quick little build list.

He then looks it over and asks "It all looks good, but quick question. is a power supply important to have"

again i stop what im doing, I turn my chair to face him like a cliche james bond villian and just stare at him......he asks "what?" I ask him to repeat what he said "will I really need a Power supply" he says, unaware by what he had asked me.

I then reach over and pull the power cable from his macbook (he battery is fucked so you have to leave the charger in) after he called me a dick as he was half way in a convo with a girl, I said "thats why you need a power supply"

SO tell me,

Do you guys have any entertaining stories where friends/family/co-workers/customers who are un tech savvy. give us people to laugh at.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

"It all looks good, but quick question. is a power supply important to have"

My friend asked the same question, and same with the motherboard

Everything people say is crap.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

He's ignorant towards computers. Your job is to educate him. Not insult him.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I looked at WWDC, I guess all of it is relevant here.
(just a little apple pun :P)

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

My friend comes over points at my rig, pints at my monitor, and says, "Wait, so that powers that?"

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Cmon man, its our job as pc literates to help people that barely know anything, we must help those that cannot help themselves yet. Its like asking a five year old what quadratics are.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My friend asked the same question, and same with the motherboard

just put the cpu on top of the gpu, it will be fine

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

It sounds really stupid to us, but to them they have no idea. I once showed my friend a picture of a power supply and she thought it was just a  giant fan in a box.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt and kindly describe what each component does, if they don't understand after that then you can laugh at them. 

"Do I really need a power supply?" did give me a good laugh though.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

There's this one guy in my Business class who you'd call a "teacher's pet". He answers all of the teachers questions trying hard to make himself look smart. Anyways, the other day the class defined a business as a person or group that provides goods or services. He pipes in and says that Bitcoin mining is a business that doesn't provide goods or services, thinking he'd make himself look smart because no one else would have a clue what Bitcoin was. That wasn't the funny part, the funny part was that what he said was wrong, Bitcoin mining does provide a service...

Cmon man, its our job as pc literates to help people that barely know anything, we must help those that cannot help themselves yet. Its like asking a five year old what quadratics are.

Well yeah, I'll happily teach him what I can, but it doesnt mean that they wont say something that makes you laugh.v5 year olds are worse for it, the say alot of stuf that they dont understand and its funny as hell, sure you correct them later, but in the meantime you cant help but laugh.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

You got really umm... NICE friends. I would lost faith after the first part. Well i had a dude who thought the monitor is the computer itself.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

You got really umm... NICE friends. I would lost faith after the first part. Well i had a dude who thought the monitor is the computer itself.

In some cases, the computer is contained within the monitor casing such as an iMac.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

He is a bit of an idiot for thinking an empty case is a pc but the power supply question is completely reasonable to someone who is pc illiterate and pulling the plug on his laptop was a bit harsh but a creative way to make a point

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

In some cases, the computer is contained within the monitor casing such as an iMac.

Talking about normal priced things not one with some fruit as logo also not meant AiO.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

He is a bit of an idiot for thinking an empty case is a pc but the power supply question is completely reasonable to someone who is pc illiterate and pulling the plug on his laptop was a bit harsh but a creative way to make a point

If you think that was harsh, you should se how we say hello to each other

"Alright dick head, Still a peado"

"alright mate, she was 16, I swear"

Also we tend to cock punch each other alot.....we are an odd bunch of friends to say the least.

Well, being a musician, He has Monitors (Speakers) and a Monitor (Screen) so when he talks about Monitors, it takes me a while before I clock on which monitor he is on about. makes it worse when he goes on about audio quality when he really is on about a monitor (screen)