Nvidia is evil?

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

well gsync is better than freesync, so having proprietary hardware seems like its actually a benefit

and i dont have a gsync or freesync monitor, im quoting linus who has actually compared them side by side

he even did a test on the input lag of each a while ago

Bruh, that is prehistoric news.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Displays/Nixeus-Vue-24-1080P-144Hz-TN-30-144Hz-FreeSync-Monitor-Review

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 hours ago, App4that said:

No, they're not evil.

/topic

@Godlygamer23   @WoodenMarker

Not evil, but quite douchey.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Not evil just "unwanted" business practices... Other than that great products.

No, definitely not evil. As a consumer I don't agree with the way they make everything proprietary but I understand why they do it. They spend a huge amount of resources to create the tech that they develop so there is nothing wrong if they want to take the full benefit of developing it. They need the income to support the company so they can continue developing new tech. The only problem is this limits the application of their tech since it is not standardized.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Also you gotta understand that even if a business is making questionable business decisions, that doesn't make their products shoddy right off the bat. And if you think a company's products are bad because of questionable business practices, that makes you totally ignorant or stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Klerk said:

No, definitely not evil. As a consumer I don't agree with the way they make everything proprietary but I understand why they do it. They spend a huge amount of resources to create the tech that they develop so there is nothing wrong if they want to take the full benefit of developing it. They need the income to support the company so they can continue developing new tech. The only problem is this limits the application of their tech since it is not standardized.

I agree with this guy above me. Yes I love Nvidia's products, but some of their decisions in the business sense is questionable (such as making most of, if not, all of GameWorks hurt AMD's performance of their GPUs to sell better.). I really believe that Nvidia's VXAO and VXGI are totally promising technologies and I do intend to use those in my games alongside PhysX for GPU-accelerated physics. For the hair physics and rendering, those will come from AMD, and that will be TressFX since that is easier on the hardware. And one more from AMD: FireRays (Yes my friends, raytraced games! However it will need to be seriously modified to get to run without a severe performance hit while adding CUDA support for Nvidia GPUs). Call me crazy, but I know it's possible :D

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Not saying i agree with NVIDIA here but AMD or was it ATi? well either refused to have PhysX from NVIDIA, they also are not much different to NVIDIA, they both don't like each other much like the shenanigans going on between AMD and intel back in the day.

All i can say is i hope we get games that perform fine on both hardware vendors, i remember trying to run Wolfenstein on my AMD 7770 it was a nightmare and had to settle with bad graphics with an up and down framerate whilst close performing NVIDIA GPU's would scream passed it with no issues.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I don't think NVIDIA is evil. Strong word. As consumer I prefer the way AMD handles, some things. I think Hairworks is one example. I think they make good products, but I don't like to be locked in. And since AMD's market share is not good I am using 390, and not 970, and please don't start again about 390 vs 970...

Well, nothing to do with nvidia its just disgusting how you have to mod the hell out of the games to get better textures WHILE increasing performance.

Not long ago you had to spend ressources / performance to increase visual effects in games. Now you can download Fallout4/Batman AK/Witcher3 mods to double your framerates while having a 5000% better looking game.

Game developer just dont do there work in a lot of titles. Nvidia doesnt tell the developer of the game "hey yo build in more tesselation please, we want to screw AMD" or "Hey yo patch in even more stuff so our previous cards perform worse so that we can sell our new ones". This is absolute BS. How people even come to the idea that nvidia has that much influence on a game developer is ridiculous.

One of the best rumors is that NVIDIA screws drivers for older generation to degrade them which is proofed false information.

http://www.bytemedev.com/the-gtx-780-ti-sli-end-of-life-driver-performance-analysis/

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

The clickb8 is strong with this post. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

7 hours ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Not evil, but quite douchey.

Right, because you don't like them. That makes them bad. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

20 minutes ago, App4that said:

Right, because you don't like them. That makes them bad. 

Gameworks (just a total shitshow), proprietary hardware (Gsync, just a total fucking cash grab), endless patent infringement, sabotages own older cards to get you to buy new ones, smear attacks against their competition, NVIDIA optimus is a total joke, not allowing game devs to optimise gameworks for AMD cards.

I have no problem with NVidia, but they do act like dicks. Make no mistakes, I'll buy whatever's better regardless of the brand, I don't get behind the whole "OOH, OOH, COMPANY A, MY WAIFU" BS. I can already tell that you do, though not to a fanboy extent, because you're mad that you have a problem with the crimson driver and Xfiring a 390 and 290.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

10 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Gameworks (just a total shitshow), proprietary hardware (Gsync, just a total fucking cash grab), endless patent infringement, sabotages own older cards to get you to buy new ones, smear attacks against their competition, NVIDIA optimus is a total joke, not allowing game devs to optimise gameworks for AMD cards.

I have no problem with NVidia, but they do act like dicks. Make no mistakes, I'll buy whatever's better regardless of the brand, I don't get behind the whole "OOH, OOH, COMPANY A, MY WAIFU" BS. I can already tell that you do, though not to a fanboy extent, because you're mad that you have a problem with the crimson driver and Xfiring a 390 and 290.

Dude please. Quit this bull shit.

Look at Fallout 4, arguably runs better on AMD, Gameworks. Look at Rise of the Tomb Raider, runs the same on both, Gameworks. Look at Witcher 3, runs the same on both, sometimes better on AMD, Gameworks.

You know the sad thing about conspiracy theories? What they say about those who have them. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Dude please. Quit this bull shit.

Look at Fallout 4, arguably runs better on AMD, Gameworks. Look at Rise of the Tomb Raider, runs the same on both, Gameworks. Look at Witcher 3, runs the same on both, sometimes better on AMD, Gameworks.

You know the sad thing about conspiracy theories? What they say about those who have them. 

Hold on, got two more I forgot, pumping board mfgs for money for SLI certification, and forgot the second one after realizing you must not have even read past the first word in my post.

I'm sorry I said something that insulted your favorite GPU company, but its true. Does it mean I won't buy their cards? No. Does it mean that other people shouldn't buy their cards? No. Could they use a little more moral fiber? Yes.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Hold on, got two more I forgot, pumping board mfgs for money for SLI certification, and forgot the second one after realizing you must not have even read past the first word in my post.

I'm sorry I said something that insulted your favorite GPU company, but its true. Does it mean I won't buy their cards? No. Does it mean that other people shouldn't buy their cards? No. Could they use a little more moral fiber? Yes.

First off, I don't have a "favorite" 

The reason Nvidia "pumps" motherboard makers is to keep experiences like mine from happening. And my motherboard is SLI ready, it's not expensive. 

And I repeat, dude please.

AMD is just as guilty as Nvidia in their morality. Take a close enough look at any major company and you'd find the same. 

And wheres the lock on this topic? Notice you can beat Nvidia like a rental car but say one bad thing about AMD and in come the warning points?