is GTA V still a good game?

DominicNikon

is GTA V still a good game? im thinking about buying it off of steam today but the game got released in 2013 so is it old? will a new one be coming out?

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

is GTA V still a good game? im thinking about buying it off of steam today but the game got released in 2013 so is it old? will a new one be coming out?

GTA V for PC came out April 2015. I still sometimes play it, but when I do i play it for hours, got alot of things now to do in online. Its fun, for me atleast..

1 minute ago, IoWii said:

GTA V for PC came out April 2015. I still sometimes play it, but when I do i play it for hours, got alot of things now to do in online. Its fun, for me atleast..

why does google say it came out in 2013 then? so your saying its not worth it or is it?

why does google say it came out in 2013 then? so your saying its not worth it or is it?

2013 september was for PS3 and XBOX360, then 2014 november was PS4 and XB1, 2015 april was PC.
Aslong you have someone to play with, you are going to have fun. Playing alone is kind of boring, especially when u have everything, like the person above stated.

Just now, DominicNikon said:

Because it came out on PS3/Xbox 360 in 2013, Xbox One and PS4 in 2014, and PC came out April 2015.

It was released 2015 not 2013... that was beta testing period :P

Spoiler

qtJrv8j.png

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Its still good.

It was released for the 360 and PS3 in 2013, took them forever to port it over to the PC.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I got bored of it once i have everything in the game

so is it worth it for 40 dollars?

3 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

so is it worth it for 40 dollars?

I'm not the right person to ask since I view it as a necessary part of life, like food or a GPU; I simply must have the latest one at all times, and I'll play it until GTA VI comes out :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

for not really. if it was like 30 bucks then yea

so if its 40$ can i use a 15$ gift card and only pay 25$? or does it not work like that

10 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

I gave up on buying it. Too many hackers. Rockstar did not do much about their security for the game, than just ban people, and lots were not actually the hackers...

Because of this id give 5/10 overall for GTA V, cuz it's only worth to play the single player at this point. Go crack it and play it. Multiplayer is a big big big big fail.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm not the right person to ask since I view it as a necessary part of life, like food or a GPU; I simply must have the latest one at all times, and I'll play it until GTA VI comes out :D

i already have a GTX 980 (amazing card i love it) so 

4 minutes ago, WhiteSkyMage said:

I gave up on buying it. Too many hackers. Rockstar did not do much about their security for the game, than just ban people, and lots were not actually the hackers...

Because of this id give 5/10 overall for GTA V, cuz it's only worth to play the single player at this point. Go crack it and play it. Multiplayer is a big big big big fail.

i dont know how to crack games and stuff

3 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

i already have a GTX 980 (amazing card i love it) so 

Me too, but the value of it isn't really good Price/Performance.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed piracy endorsement.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

8 minutes ago, WhiteSkyMage said:

What? I have seen 2 modders/hackers in my 150hours of GTA V .-.

1 minute ago, IoWii said:

What? I have seen 2 modders/hackers in my 150hours of GTA V .-.

Then lucky you. Id personally play an online game without hackers that drop millions around just to get people banned. Rockstar has to think about their security. 

Just now, WhiteSkyMage said:

Then lucky you. Id personally play an online game without hackers that drop millions around just to get people banned. Rockstar has to think about their security. 

I got some money (yes i dont mind that) from hackers, but i think rockstar doesnt ban you if you get the money, they only take it i think..

The single player game is fun. I only spent about 50 hours in online, and I didn't like it that much. I prefer single player games anyways. 

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

25 minutes ago, WhiteSkyMage said:

Read the CoC.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

If a game was good on release, it will still be good on the years to come unless the game is mainly multiplayer. It is a pretty good game single player wise. I think a lot of people say it is bad because of the amount of hate it got for being delayed so much. And also a lot of people hate the online multiplayer. I personally never bought GTA for the multiplayer. After finishing the single player missions it is still fun to mess around and using mods. 

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

1 minute ago, Klerk said:

If a game was good on release, it will still be good on the years to come unless the game is mainly multiplayer. It is a pretty good game single player wise. I think a lot of people say it is bad because of the amount of hate it got for being delayed so much. And also a lot of people hate the online multiplayer. I personally never bought GTA for the multiplayer. After finishing the single player missions it is still fun to mess around and using mods. 

in videos and stuff is it single player or muiltplayer when they show robbing stuff and doing basically anything with out selecting a mission or so?

12 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

in videos and stuff is it single player or muiltplayer when they show robbing stuff and doing basically anything with out selecting a mission or so?

That is multiplayer it's called heist missions.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"