New GPU, Lower FPS?

djzalm

Hello,

So today I upgraded my gpu from a gtx 560ti to an R9 380 Sapphire Nitro 4g edition.
Before, with the 560ti on csgo i reached around 130-150 fps, and now, with my new card I reach a max of 100-110, while I see other people with the same rig get 250-300 fps!
I updated my drivers aswell.
My CPU is and fx-6350, which I don't think bottlenecks the R9 380.
Also I have 8 gigs of ram and a 600w psu
Can somebody help me with this?
Thanks!
-Jidzenga

drivers? did you reinstall windows or just switched cards?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1 minute ago, djzalm said:

Hello,

So today I upgraded my gpu from a gtx 560ti to an R9 380 Sapphire Nitro 4g edition.
Before, with the 560ti on csgo i reached around 130-150 fps, and now, with my new card I reach a max of 100-110, while I see other people with the same rig get 250-300 fps!
I updated my drivers aswell.
My CPU is and fx-6350, which I don't think bottlenecks the R9 380.
Also I have 8 gigs of ram and a 600w psu
Can somebody help me with this?
Thanks!
-Jidzenga

Is your power settings set to max performance? 

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

1 minute ago, ZetZet said:

drivers? did you reinstall windows or just switched cards?

I just switched cards, I did not reinstall windows. I did update the amd drivers and deleted all my previous nvidia drivers.

2 minutes ago, GamerMan said:

Is your power settings set to max performance? 

Sorry how do i do this? Im pretty new to the PC world

2 hours ago, djzalm said:

Type "power settings" in Windows then click on it. You should see balanced settings. Set it to "High Performance"

Here :)

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

Just now, GamerMan said:

Type "power settings" in Windows then click on it. You should see balanced settings. Set it to "High Performance"

Yes it's already on high performance

1 minute ago, djzalm said:

Yes it's already on high performance

What about in your GPU settings?

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

3 minutes ago, GamerMan said:

Wait i have kind of the same problem with my 980Ti. The gpu usage isn't very high and so on.

Will this help me? I have it on balanced by default.

Main: Gigabyte G1 980Ti, i5 6600k, MSI Z170A M5, 16GB DDR4 2666, NZXT H440, NZXT x61, EVGA 750W G2, Windows 10 

Second PC: EVGA Reference GTX 680, i7 2700k, 16GB DDR3, Corsair 300R, Corsair CX500W, Windows 10

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5750G, GT540M, i7 2630QM, 6GB DDR3, Windows 7 

I wouldn't set it to high performance. This doesn't downclock the CPU at idle...

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Just now, GamerMan said:

What about in your GPU settings?

Im sorry but again, how do I do this :D

2 hours ago, Leo_Dahlin said:

Wait i have kind of the same problem with my 980Ti. The gpu usage isn't very high and so on.

Will this help me? I have it on balanced.

For me it helped. Set it to High

Im sorry but again, how do I do this :D

If AMD has a GPU control panel like Nvidia does then it should be in there

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

12 minutes ago, GamerMan said:

If AMD has a GPU control panel like Nvidia does then it should be in there

Cant find such thing with the AMD software,

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Will try that, thanks, I also heard that the newest AMD driver is bad, the 16.1.1 or something, is that right?

22 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Get the one they suggest on their driver download page

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Hmm, It did not seem to help, uninstalled nvidia and amd drivers and then downloaded amd drivers. still the same problem.. :(

1 hour ago, Leo_Dahlin said:

Will this help me? I have it on balanced by default.

37 minutes ago, djzalm said:

Hmm, It did not seem to help, uninstalled nvidia and amd drivers and then downloaded amd drivers. still the same problem.. :(

check what the settings cs go is set to. go to console and type in "fps_max" and the number shown underneath should be the max fps it is set to. Set it to 300 for max. Otherwise go to nvidia or amd control panel and check some of the settings to see if they have some funky settings such as power saver set on.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

Try checking your clocks in MSI Afterburner just to see if it was downclocked.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, Monarch said:

The guy tried different drivers and it didn't help. I can't think of anything else that can be causing the issue, as the only things he changed were the GPU and the driver. So obviously, that's where the issue is. Since different driver versions don't help, the issue is obviously caused by a fault that's been around a long time and is present in all driver versions. Driver overhead. 100+ fps is a CPU-bound scenario.

Even if it turns out he had a different issue, I've witnessed a couple of situations where people realized they're bottlenecked by AMD's driver and regretted their purchase. I myself was in that situations recently. I've experienced this problem firsthand, so you can't fool me.

You do know people get unexpected problems and the drivers are not the issue most of the times. In most cases, and I've worked in a computer repair shop and have been doing that in my free time for a long time, it's almost always something else.

Not to insult anyone, but OP doesn't know how to check power profile in windows or in GPU settings so I'm pretty sure it's something else and not the drivers. Things can easily break in windows so let's not start a war because someone checked two settings and it didn't help. Also people have been having more issue with NV drivers lately so let's not point fingers. Let's rather try and help the guy. 

1 hour ago, djzalm said:

Do you use DDU everytime you uninstall drivers?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

You do know people get unexpected problems and the drivers are not the issue most of the times. In most cases, and I've worked in a computer repair shop and have been doing that in my free time for a long time, it's almost always something else.

Not to insult anyone, but OP doesn't know how to check power profile in windows or in GPU settings so I'm pretty sure it's something else and not the drivers. Things can easily break in windows so let's not start a war because someone checked two settings and it didn't help. Also people have been having more issue with NV drivers lately so let's not point fingers. Let's rather try and help the guy. 

I did try to help this guy. I explained him the reason why he's experiencing that problem. Because I had it to. 

Also, I see moderators here are participating in the campaign to cover up AMD's issue with drivers. This forum should be called AMD Tech Tips.

These 2 guys I called out and criticized are non stop going trough forum posts trying to convince people AMD is great and issues people have with them are non existent. Their posts never get deleted. But I am not allowed to criticize them and AMD and my posts get deleted. Why?

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

download and run 'display driver uninstaller' and remove all display drivers, reinstall amd drivers

46 minutes ago, Monarch said:

I did try to help this guy. I explained him the reason why he's experiencing that problem. Because I had it to. 

Also, I see moderators here are participating in the campaign to cover up AMD's issue with drivers. This forum should be called AMD Tech Tips.

These 2 guys I called out and criticized are non stop going trough forum posts trying to convince people AMD is great and issues people have with them are non existent. Their posts never get deleted. But I am not allowed to criticize them and AMD? Why?

They have been recommending AMD cards because almost the whole internet has been doing so for a good reason, and as you said, you criticized them but it kind of sounded like an attack as you implied they are fanboys in a pretty rough way. You may not agree with them and why should you, but I would recommend the same cards and I game 80% of the time on my 850m and not my R9 280 and I don't care about the brand, my next card is gonna be either 490 or a 1070, as long as it performs better.

Now I've been pretty active here and all matters that I had with one of two mentioned have been resolved in a peaceful way, through discussion. Have I seen him only recommending AMD cards? Yes, but I haven't seen him insulting anyone if he wasn't insulted first. I'm not defending anyone, just stating what I've seen. :D 

I'll have to side with mods this time since they have been deleting posts that may start a pretty fierce war, I've seen that myself many times and approve that. If you think those two have done something really bad you should report them. :)

And mate, AMD Tech Tips? Are you...? How...? That couldn't be further from the truth, you may see some people recommending AMD cards but have you seen the News section? For every AMD fanboy here there are at least 5 NV ones. This forum is NV based as it goes. 

On the last subject, it's true, as things stand atm, AMD has better drivers than NV does, or at least they have "less bad" drivers. NV has been having more and more issues while on AMD it's actually the opposite. Experienced that myself. 

36 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

They have been recommending AMD cards because almost the whole internet has been doing so for a good reason, and as you said, you criticized them but it kind of sounded like an attack as you implied they are fanboys in a pretty rough way. You may not agree with them and why should you, but I would recommend the same cards and I game 80% of the time on my 850m and not my R9 280 and I don't care about the brand, my next card is gonna be either 490 or a 1070, as long as it performs better.

Now I've been pretty active here and all matters that I had with one of two mentioned have been resolved in a peaceful way, through discussion. Have I seen him only recommending AMD cards? Yes, but I haven't seen him insulting anyone if he wasn't insulted first. I'm not defending anyone, just stating what I've seen. :D 

I'll have to side with mods this time since they have been deleting posts that may start a pretty fierce war, I've seen that myself many times and approve that. If you think those two have done something really bad you should report them. :)

And mate, AMD Tech Tips? Are you...? How...? That couldn't be further from the truth, you may see some people recommending AMD cards but have you seen the News section? For every AMD fanboy here there are at least 5 NV ones. This forum is NV based as it goes. 

ANd on the last subject, it's true, as things stand atm, AMD has better drivers than NV does, or at least they have "less bad" drivers. NV has been having more and more issues while on AMD it's actually the opposite. Experienced that myself. 

How about you guys inform people about AMD's driver overhead? This constantly gets shoved under the rug. I'm not saying AMD is bad, but they have some pretty serious problems. So if you're gonna recommend AMD, please don't forget to mention the downsides of having an AMD card as well. Because I got burned, and I would have liked that I was informed about the issues AMD had before buying my 290X.

Also, I implied they are fanboys in a rough way? The guy called me an idiot, sick, said I was full of shit and was being disrespectful to me in every discussion we've had. What's even more outrageous is that me saying "Shame on you for covering up AMD issues" is for some reason considered offensive, and him saying I'm an idiot, sick and full of shit is not. This is moderation at its worst. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

37 minutes ago, Monarch said:

How about you guys inform people about AMD's driver overhead? This constantly gets shoved under the rug. I'm not saying AMD is bad, but they have some pretty serious problems. So if you're gonna recommend AMD, please don't forget to mention the downsides of having an AMD card as well. Because I got burned, and I would have liked that I was informed about the issues AMD had before buying my 290X.

Both AMD and NV have upsides and downsides. We could make a whole thread about that, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that AMD's overhead was reduced through the time. I might be wrong thought. 

37 minutes ago, Monarch said:

Also, I implied they are fanboys in a rough way? The guy called me an idiot, sick, said I was full of shit and was being disrespectful to me in every discussion we've had. What's even more outrageous is that me saying "Shame on you for covering up AMD issues" is for some reason considered offensive, and him saying I'm an idiot, sick and full of shit is not. This is moderation at its worst. 

To a 3rd party it may have sounded rough. If he said that then you should report him. While I know (some) mods try to keep things civilized, I'm pretty sure they don't see all posts, so indeed report him, just in case they missed it.

48 minutes ago, Monarch said:

I need more option for agreeing with this.

If this forum is truly here to help those who need it, then why is it a AMD echo chamber?

I'm not the only person on this forum who has gone from AMD to Nvidia and noticed the disparity in driver quality.

OP, roll back to a driver before Crimson. For some this helps.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

21 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Do you use DDU everytime you uninstall drivers?

Yes I did!, didnt work though