AMD 7700K APU SLOW ON GAMES

Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,
1 minute ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

is the 750 ti better than the r7 260x or( r7 250) sir?

750ti is faster than 250, about the same as 260x but it's a little outdated too, 950 is taking it's place now.

Uhm ive been wondering why my pc build has been running slow. i have been playing GTA V based on  one of the pc builds which LINUS  have shown on youtube.

So heres what i have.
-AMD 7700k black edition APU, running/clocked at 3.4 ghz (i think this is much better than LINUS' build which is the AMD A10 6790K)
-kingston hyper fury x 1866 8 gigabytes (one stick )
-a68hm - e33 v2 motherboard from msi.( i looked for a FM2+ motherboard and this is what i got)

- WDC WD750 (750 gig hard drive from a laptop from 2013) look for lenovo g470 

I am planning on buying a graphics card but not, now maybe on  September 2016.
the r7 260x maybe

so i want to know what my PC's problem is

gta V runs  24- 33 fps but with other people using the same apu it runs 30-40 fps even without dual graphics just the apu itself and they have a 2x4  ram(1600). But i think my ram is better than theirs
any reccomendations? i have lowered everything its on 1024X768 RESOLUTION I DONT KNOW WHY THE 720 P RESOLUTION IS MUCH LAGGIER
 is it my ram or is it my hard drive or is it my power supply? i used the power supply which was included in my deep cool smarter case  which says DE480 rated at 350w peak power @ 480w

IMG_1955[1].JPG

IMG_1956[1].JPG

8 minutes ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

Dual channel is better for APUs, get another stick of RAM. 

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

it isnt your hard drive or your power supply. These two components don't affect your in game performance (if you have a powerfull enough psu, which you have) First, why do you think that if linus made a build with it at some time that it will run games well? I mean, it's an APU! If you want to get good performance in games, go with a graphics card, or your pc will run "slow"! Also, your ram may be a bit better but your'e running a single stick and the example you are talking about use two. That means dual channel vs single channel. That's probably why your game runs slower. Lower the graphical settings if you want to play, or get a gpu, its as simple as that!

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

1 minute ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

uhm sir will it be okay if i get a 4 gig 1866 ram for this even tho i have an 8 gig as of now?

2 minutes ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

that's idiotic

uhm sir will it be okay if i get a 4 gig 1866 ram for this even tho i have an 8 gig as of now?

do not get more ram. save money for gpu later. do not invest into anything on that rig other than gpu and maybe ssd.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

2 minutes ago, Epiclol86 said:

it isnt your hard drive or your power supply. These two components don't affect your in game performance (if you have a powerfull enough psu, which you have) First, why do you think that if linus made a build with it at some time that it will run games well? I mean, it's an APU! If you want to get good performance in games, go with a graphics card, or your pc will run "slow"! Also, your ram may be a bit better but your'e running a single stick and the example you are talking about use two. That means dual channel vs single channel. That's probably why your game runs slower. Lower the graphical settings if you want to play, or get a gpu, its as simple as that!

sir i am planning on getting a new gpu. but i was just wondering why it was slower than the others running on the same build. i have lowerd it to the minimal setting too sir

2 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

that's idiotic

do not get more ram. save money for gpu later. do not invest into anything on that rig other than gpu and maybe ssd.

so you think a GPU like the r7 260x will be better than buyin a new stick of ram or do i get both?
well ssd is very expensive here in my country , thanks for the  reply btw 

so you think a GPU like the r7 260x will be better than buyin a new stick of ram or do i get both?
well ssd is very expensive here in my country , thanks for the  reply btw 

you don't need more RAM, it's not going to help one bit. 

260x or a used 7870/7950 would be golden

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, ZetZet said:

you don't need more RAM, it's not going to help one bit. 

260x or a used 7870/7950 would be golden

i think ill go with the 260x sir its the only one compatible with my APU

Just now, HERO CODIZAL said:

i think ill go with the 260x sir its the only one compatible with my APU

what do you mean it's compatible? you can't hybrid crossfire 260x 

not to mention hybrid crossfire is BAD and you shouldn't even think about doing it. 

Spoiler

Just now, ZetZet said:

what do you mean it's compatible? you can't hybrid crossfire 260x 

not to mention hybrid crossfire is BAD and you shouldn't even think about doing it. 

this is my first pc build sir. IM gonna be a Computer engineer and its embarrsing that i dont know much.
so what would you recommend that i do now sir?
the amd web page says any r7 is compatible with my apu .

6 minutes ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

this is my first pc build sir. IM gonna be a Computer engineer and its embarrsing that i dont know much.
so what would you recommend that i do now sir?
the amd web page says any r7 is compatible with my apu .

any gpu is compatible with your apu.

you can only hybrid crossfire r7 240 and r7 250 though and they are way too slow to even bother. http://wccftech.com/amd-kaveri-dual-graphics-works-ddr3-memory-based-radeon-r7-gpus/

you can buy ANY gpu on the market and it will be great. 260x, 7870, 7950, 750ti, 950, r9 280/380, whatever fits your budget. 

edit: if you mean this 

4tcm2Ux.png

this just means that it has r7 graphics built in, nothing to do with compatibility.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

any gpu is compatible with your apu.

you can only hybrid crossfire r7 240 and r7 250 though and they are way too slow to even bother. http://wccftech.com/amd-kaveri-dual-graphics-works-ddr3-memory-based-radeon-r7-gpus/

you can buy ANY gpu on the market and it will be great. 260x, 7870, 7950, 750ti, 950, r9 280/380, whatever fits your budget. 

750ti is faster than 250, about the same as 260x but it's a little outdated too, 950 is taking it's place now.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR , i learned a lot from you . i hope you can help other people like me. I hope you get good karma cuz of this THANK YOU A LOT!

bro just get a GTX 960 4GB from MSI. it will run much better. and its for a good price

32 minutes ago, TheCODclown25 said:

bro just get a GTX 960 4GB from MSI. it will run much better. and its for a good price

Yet the R9 380 performs up to 15% better and can cost like $30 less on a good day. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Yet the R9 380 performs up to 15% better and can cost like $30 less on a good day. 

oh thanks for the info

5 hours ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

Uhm ive been wondering why my pc build has been running slow. i have been playing GTA V based on  one of the pc builds which LINUS  have shown on youtube.

So heres what i have.
-AMD 7700k black edition APU, running/clocked at 3.4 ghz (i think this is much better than LINUS' build which is the AMD A10 6790K)
-kingston hyper fury x 1866 8 gigabytes (one stick )
-a68hm - e33 v2 motherboard from msi.( i looked for a FM2+ motherboard and this is what i got)

- WDC WD750 (750 gig hard drive from a laptop from 2013) look for lenovo g470 

I am planning on buying a graphics card but not, now maybe on  September 2016.
the r7 260x maybe

so i want to know what my PC's problem is

gta V runs  24- 33 fps but with other people using the same apu it runs 30-40 fps even without dual graphics just the apu itself and they have a 2x4  ram(1600). But i think my ram is better than theirs
any reccomendations? i have lowered everything its on 1024X768 RESOLUTION I DONT KNOW WHY THE 720 P RESOLUTION IS MUCH LAGGIER
 is it my ram or is it my hard drive or is it my power supply? i used the power supply which was included in my deep cool smarter case  which says DE480 rated at 350w peak power @ 480w

this may help friend

the R7 360 (or 260) is a great way :) 

APUs perform at their best with dual/quad channel RAM that's clocked at high speeds. See this video:

Anyways, why spend the money on high capacity and high clockspeed RAM when you could just buy yourself a 750 Ti or a 950 or something?

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;