large mechanical keyboard

threadysparrow

dad has big hands and arthritis. any suggestions?

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

There all the same size, but if he wants something with a giant wristrest i would say anything and one of these 

http://www.amazon.com/Filco-FKBPR-Wristrest-Standard-Keyboards/dp/B000KJTP4S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1378617880&sr=8-8&keywords=wristrest

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

ergo dox

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

What kind of arthritis? In the wrist? Fingers?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What kind of arthritis? In the wrist? Fingers?

he calls it all over arthritis so yeah. I know that's not much help but I don't know what to say

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

he calls it all over arthritis so yeah. I know that's not much help but I don't know what to say

I guess any mech keyboard with mx cherry reds and a nice wrist rest should help if he doesn't have shaky hands. It would ease his fingers.

How's a K70 look? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-keyboard-ch9000011na

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have a CM Storm Trigger, and the wrist wrest on this is absolutely gigantic. Personally I like it, and even my grandfather (also, arthritis) doesn't mind it. Just my two cents.

My Rig: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, Intel Core i5-3570k, Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7870x2, Asus Xonar DX, OCZ Fatal1ty 1000w, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Boot drive, 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD in Raid 1 w/ OCZ Vertex 3 60GB Cache

get an ergonomic keyboard?  the ergodox is pretty fad these days.

otherwise, there is no such thing as a large keyboard.

consider getting him to start using macro keys to save keystrokes.

Cherry G80-3000, simple and large.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Cherry G80-3000, simple and large.

thanks for the suggestion. I talked to him a few minutes ago and I told him that I want to get him a mechanical keyboard that has the keys spread out a bit and when he asked what a mechanical keyboard is (this coming from a guy who has an information systems degree from 1995) I told him it's like the old keyboards from the 80s and early 90s that actually had a spring underneath the key and his response (remember, information systems degree, 1995) was that he doesn't want anything too complicated. He has a $150,000 artificial leg (insurance ftw) that has a very complex and realistic hydraulic knee and ball bearing loaded ball joint for the ankle that could pass for a terminator leg, and he is lecturing me about not wanting too much technology in a $100 keyboard that he will use all the time.

...is your dad also afraid of door knobs? cause they're much more complicated than cherry MX

...is your dad also afraid of door knobs? cause they're much more complicated than cherry MX

you missed the point.

So did you get him a keyboard in the end?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

So did you get him a keyboard in the end?

nope. he won't accept a new one.