Does your pc have a windows password?

Air tree

I have a Windows password for if i'm leaving computer for a few minutes so I can just lock the screen.

I have TrueCrypt encryption for my OS, media and backup drives, my games drive however is not encrypted.

i have to have a password all my computers are connected to my domain 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I have a password but I use 'netplwiz' so I don't have to type it in when starting the computer, I have it set so it doesn't lock the computer when it sleeps so I don't have to type it then either.

For all intents it's just like I don't have a password, except for when sharing a folder you need to know the password which is the only reason I have a password at all.

A password on login/startup is only to stop the very casual would be nosey user as it's ridiculously easy to bypass for anyone who actually wants to.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no. If you truly value your data to the point of needing encryption to protect it, Microsoft is the last firm you'd want to trust for that. With heavy ties to the NSA and Project Prism? No thanks. I'd rather not encrypt with something that has a million backdoors. :T

My Windows 7 is pass protected mainly because I don't like anyone going through my stuff when I'm not around. It's kinda creepy when someone just goes through everything, at least to me anyway. My girlfriend knows a lot of my passes so clearly my Windows pass is to keep people I don't trust at bay. For sensitive documents and the like, stick to Truecrypt and pass phrases.

1- The NSA has better things to look at, then your stuff.

2- Encryption is for protecting people that may rob your computer, and could steel your stuff.

3- If you are encrypting your bank account information, taxes, and all that stuff, the NSA already have it. So I don't get your point. And I bet you a 8 year old kid can hack a bank system, if it there was no consequences for that action. Banks has little to no security, using DOS or Windows XP, with a custom DOS emulator made by some shitty company they hired, that doesn't work on any system, or uses IE6.

You think TrueCrypt isn't effected by NSA? I remind you, how many years the NSA worked on encryption standards with a role to reduce it on purpose, without anyone noticing it. Please.

I use a password because of greedy siblings that until now had a crap pc. Now I just have to find a way to lock my mouse so that won't get stolen while I'm not on the pc

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum