Use build-in microphone on laptop AND earbuds?

So I have seen multiple laptops that have the microphone AND headphone jack in a single 3.5mm jack. What I want to know is is it possible to use the laptops built-in mic AND earbuds? Whenever I plug them in, the build-in mic is disabled... because it thinks I plugged in a mic... is there some way to switch it back to the built-in mic? Note that I am referring to the Razer Blade Stealth, but the same thing happened on my last laptop.

Right-click on the volume control icon in the bottom-left, and select 'Recording Devices'. Then, right-click on the headphone mic and select 'Disable'. If this doesn't work, select the built-in mic and click on 'Make default device'.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

38 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Right-click on the volume control icon in the bottom-left, and select 'Recording Devices'. Then, right-click on the headphone mic and select 'Disable'. If this doesn't work, select the built-in mic and click on 'Make default device'.

How do I get myself into these things...

So I disabled it and it disappeared. 

Don't as why I thought this next step would be a good idea, but (after a reboot or two) I went into device manager and saw that the device was there but I couldn't like... enable it anything. So what did I do? That's right. I uninstalled it.

Last time I ever press Disable or Uninstall on ANYTHING EVER. So now I can't even get the mic showing in device manager...

*sigh*

help!

EDIT: Ok, if i have learned anything with this experience, it's that Windows loves to HIDE things from you. Show disabled microphones... re-enabled it.

Now back to making it work with the earbuds...

EDIT 2: Got it working. Had to use Realtek HD Audio Manager.