How do you Foobar2k

Marziman
3 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

My new musical spectrum plugin goes above and under the range of human hearing.

My man, playing FF on a custom Windows task bar I see :D

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Just now, TheGamingBarrel said:

Sweet!  It reminds me of my SwifKey theme!

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

1 minute ago, Marziman said:

My man, playing FF on a custom Windows task bar I see :D

Yeah. I use Start10, I like it more than Classic Shell. The time displaying seconds and some other things are changed via 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. It's been working very well for me.

2 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

I accidentally made every album have the Cry Baby logo...SZnhExi.png

Hmm, I like this look. If I could have this aesthetic but my layout it would be great. 

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

All beautiful guys!

Do you use any plugins for ''better quality'' or all settings default?

Just now, Balantakos said:

All beautiful guys!

It's all default regrettably.  Like I said it was my first try and is quite basic.  Share a picture once you're done :D

2 minutes ago, Balantakos said:

All beautiful guys!

Yes, WASAPI plugin is a must. Windows DirectSound resamples the audio and measurably degrades the output signal.

3 minutes ago, Balantakos said:

All beautiful guys!

I meant mine doesn't use plug-ins.  Send us a picture once you're done coloring yours in :) 

24 minutes ago, Balantakos said:

All beautiful guys!

Yep, I use WASAPI so avoid the Windows DirectSound Driver. 

Other than that having better quality sound files always help. 

if you mean cosmetically, I use Facets to arrange the artists and their albums.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

6 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Yep, I use WASPI so avoid the Windows DirectSound Driver. 

Other than that having better quality sound files always help. 

if you mean cosmetically, I use Facets to arrange the artists and their albums.

Wasapi Event or Push on my Soundblaster Z? whats the diff?

6 minutes ago, Balantakos said:

Wasapi Event or Push on my Soundblaster Z? whats the diff?

If I remember correctly, Push will have Foobar2000 send the audio stream to your audio hardware, while Event has the hardware gather the audio on it's own. 

I have never been able to hear a difference, but I guess Event is preferable if your hardware supports it. 

Edit: I found this: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WASAPI_Event_Style

Both are meant to sound the same, so just pick the one that works with your setup.

I actually never looked too far into this.

Folks on HA seem to doubt claims that WASAPI is audibly different. No tests were ever done to prove either way. If playing WASAPI is going to cut off my audio from other sources, that is something else to consider. (Eg, if Youtube video was running, it will glitch out until Foobar is closed and the tab restarted.) Not too often I have things playing over music though.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

10 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

Folks on HA seem to doubt claims that WASAPI is audibly different. No tests were ever done to prove either way. If playing WASAPI is going to cut off my audio from other sources, that is something else to consider. (Eg, if Youtube video was running, it will glitch out until Foobar is closed and the tab restarted.) Not too often I have things playing over music though.

I totally agree. I have no idea if the "difference" I hear is due to WASAPi or because of placebo. 

At some point we need to find a way to do an ABX test of this. Time to grap a friend, I guess.

However, my the main reason I use WASAPi is so that I won't get distracted. I have a really limited attention span, so having WASAPi mute all other sounds (and hinder new sounds) helps me keep focused on the music.

56b5c2f961010_Screenshot2016-02-0601.54.

Using Columns UI atm. I like the look better than default, but some things just annoy the crap out of me like losing the ability to highlight or left-click drag stuff into different playlists.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

8 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

56b5c2f961010_Screenshot2016-02-0601.54.

Using Columns UI atm. I like the look better than default, but some things just annoy the crap out of me like losing the ability to highlight or left-click drag stuff into different playlists.

That's pretty damn sleek.

10 hours ago, Dark_wizzie said:

10 hours ago, Volbet said:

I totally agree. I have no idea if the "difference" I hear is due to WASAPi or because of placebo. 

At some point we need to find a way to do an ABX test of this. Time to grap a friend, I guess.

However, my the main reason I use WASAPi is so that I won't get distracted. I have a really limited attention span, so having WASAPi mute all other sounds (and hinder new sounds) helps me keep focused on the music.

Good news; I have, and the difference is measurable.

http://archimago.blogspot.de/2015/11/measurements-windows-10-audio-stack.html

Nasty treble roll-off.

17 minutes ago, SSL said:

Good news; I have, and the difference is measurable.

http://archimago.blogspot.de/2015/11/measurements-windows-10-audio-stack.html

Nasty treble roll-off.

I have seen those that roll-off graph before and it's the reason I began using WASAPI in the first place.

However, I have come to realize that there is a difference between what can be measured and what I can actually hear. That's why I would like to do a blind test. I just have to figure out how it can be done. 

On Saturday, February 06, 2016 at 3:41 AM, TheGamingBarrel said:

I accidentally made every album have the Cry Baby logo...SZnhExi.png

What layout is that? i want that

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, Jacona said:

Tempting...

Might switch back to foobar one day. 

Yeah, right now i use the win 10 music app. I quite like the UI

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 minutes ago, spwath said:

Yeah, right now i use the win 10 music app. I quite like the UI

I tried that once and didn't like it very much, while it looks nice if I can see all the info I need at a glance then I wont use it.

Been using musicbee with one of its modern skin for almost 2 years now

Spoiler

595577ef73b0b9c3816b6f209a30ba61.png

It's probably one of the best music player to work right out of the box.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:02 PM, Marziman said:

What's your Foobar 2000 layout?

Here's my current one!

Capture.PNG

Here is the file, no plugins or anything like that required!  Just a simple Scratchbox layout

FirstAttemptFingersCrossed.fth

Though I only lurk around here and have said I'd not post, I've take back that promise this once to say thanks for that layout, I like its simplicity and.....well, layout. Much better than the default one I've been using. Again, THANKS! Now, back to lurking again....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

23 hours ago, GamerDude said:

Though I only lurk around here and have said I'd not post, I've take back that promise this once to say thanks for that layout, I like its simplicity and.....well, layout. Much better than the default one I've been using. Again, THANKS! Now, back to lurking again....

Thank you! Now I have to go learn how to use plug ins lol