My first build, based on AMD.

Hello guys!
I'm building my first PC and I'm doing it for my friend, because he asked me for it.
He will mainly play in cs:go and GTA V, in full hd probably.
His budget is max 3,000 PLN which is about 757 US$ or 680 euro, but if it possible less is better :)
I decided to buy mainly in this shop x-kom.pl because it got nice pricecs and I often buy there.

So I come up with this:

CPU
http://www.x-kom.pl/p/236725-procesor-bulldozer-am3-amd-fx-8300-330ghz-8mb-box-95w.html

MOBO

http://www.x-kom.pl/p/285440-plyta-glowna-socket-am3-am3-gigabyte-ga-970-gaming-970-2xpci-e-ddr3.html which is nice but... it got pcie 3.0 slots where everything I got (psu included) is 2.0. I found that it is back compatible but power consumption of graphic cards with 3.0 is much bigger so I don't know how it will affect psu, so I come up with this MOBO which is really nice too also because of simple overclocking http://www.x-kom.pl/p/211665-plyta-glowna-socket-am3-am3-msi-970-gaming-970-2xpci-e-ddr3.html

Graphic cards
http://www.x-kom.pl/p/277136-karta-graficzna-pci-e-msi-radeon-r7-360-2048mb-128bit-oc-v1.html , I checked it on youtube and it runs GTA V in like medium settings and full hd in 40-61FPS (https://youtu.be/apUndXTDi)

or

http://www.x-kom.pl/p/246378-karta-graficzna-pci-e-msi-radeon-r7-370-4096mb-256bit-gaming.html , which is much more stronger and I'm not sure if he will need so much power 

PSU
http://www.x-kom.pl/p/163095-zasilacz-komputerowy-corsair-cs650m-650w-gold-box.html , In psu calculator I checked that this is more than enough, (I couldn't find my GPUs so I added R9 270) and this is score with two GPUs (if he would like to add another one in the future. Btw calculator coulndn't find it in SLI) and WLAN card, rest like additional usb devices is not changed

Recommended power supply: 458 W

pcpartpicker wattage is 289W, so psu is chill.

RAM

http://www.x-kom.pl/p/215728-pamiec-ddr3-gskill-8gb-1600mhz-ripjawsx-cl9-2x4096.html

SSHD
http://www.x-kom.pl/p/124287-dysk-twardy-25-sata-seagate-1tb-5400obr-64mb-sshd-8gb.html

Case
http://www.x-kom.pl/p/243548-obudowa-atx-btx-silentiumpc-gladius-m20-pure-black-usb-30.html I choose it because it is simple and cheap, but I'm not sure if I will be able to connect mobo to every front slot, I know I can see it on mobo but I wanted to be sure and ask you guys :P

I hope that in links text you see all basic info you will need, and google will translate shop page if needed.
If I did something wrong point it out. I hope I didn't.

Cheers ^^

Edit:
pcpartpicker for cheapest, and I think nice configuration

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZPX6YJ

Sure, buy any amd product you want.... except there FX series :D

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

you should really try going for the fx-8350, it could help you out, that's the CPU I have, it works like a dream for me.

Definition of programmer: someone who can consume copious amounts of caffeine; and crap out a master piece through their fingers

Just now, XCalinX said:

I call that fanboyism. I love my FX 8350

fx-8350 FTW!!! whoooo!

Definition of programmer: someone who can consume copious amounts of caffeine; and crap out a master piece through their fingers

1 minute ago, XCalinX said:

i call it common sense 

as you can see i have an fx 6300, The FX series is completely outdated. If you have the budget for an 8300 series CPU then pick up an i5 4460. It just outperforms in games 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

15 minutes ago, pikkie-mahn-mastah said:

you should really try going for the fx-8350, it could help you out, that's the CPU I have, it works like a dream for me.

yeah but it is a lot pricier and I don't know how it will be with the rest of parts :/

13 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

i call it common sense

as you can see i have an fx 6300, The FX series is completely outdated. If you have the budget for an 8300 series CPU then pick up an i5 4460. It just outperforms in games

Yeah it seems nice but price is even bigger than 8350... but I will think about it

Right now this build is for about 2,5k PLN, so I can go for better graphic card or cpu, but will it be worth it?

i5 is 300PLN more expensive that 8300 so I totaly couldn't go for this 4GB gpu. Same thing with 8350... which about I can think of because he wont change anything in the rest of build and is 100PLN cheaper than i5 4460, which is nice... but still will I need it? The lower price the better :)

Edit
So going for i5 and 2GB gpu is really worth it? Will intel give real difference in performance?
Or sticking to 8300 and 2gb gpu will do?

Edited by MatTheBuilder
I thinked of something more

15 minutes ago, XCalinX said:

I had an FX-6100. I jumped ship to an i7-5820K.

I could not have made a better purchasing decision.

Seriously, the FX series nowadays is really not good enough anymore which I only ever recommend anymore for budget builds rather than full on gaming systems, simply because when all is said and done, the FX chips and in fact the Bulldozer architecture in and of itself is such a bomb. There's a reason why the chips themselves are so goddamn cheap.

Witcher 3 was barely playable until I got the i7. The frame rate was at about 30 at 1080p, but the gameplay felt so slow that it just wasn't worth it.

DiRT Rally was also limited by my FX-6100. I had to seriously turn down the graphics settings for 1080p before it was remotely playable.

Both of those examples featured an FX-6100 that was overclocked to 4.4GHz (tried 4.7GHz, was seriously unstable), and an i7-5820K at stock speeds, in this oh-so-scientific test.

OP, if you want a good rig, consider either an i3-6100 or an i5-4460 at the bare minimum. Going with AMD's CPUs at this point is not worth it, and until Zen comes out I will not be advising users to go out and buy AMD CPUs.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

8 minutes ago, daniellearmouth said:

I had an FX-6100. I jumped ship to an i7-5820K.

I could not have made a better purchasing decision.

Seriously, the FX series nowadays is really not good enough anymore which I only ever recommend anymore for budget builds rather than full on gaming systems, simply because when all is said and done, the FX chips and in fact the Bulldozer architecture in and of itself is such a bomb.

Witcher 3 was barely playable until I got the i7. The frame rate was at about 30 at 1080p, but the gameplay felt so slow that it just wasn't worth it.

DiRT Rally was also limited by my FX-6100. I had to seriously turn down the graphics settings for 1080p before it was remotely playable.

Both of those examples featured an FX-6100 that was overclocked to 4.4GHz (tried 4.7GHz, was seriously unstable), and an i7-5820K at stock speeds, in this oh-so-scientific test.

OP, if you want a good rig, consider either an i3-6100 or an i5-4460 at the bare minimum. Going with AMD's CPUs at this point is not worth it, and until Zen comes out I will not be advising users to go out and buy AMD CPUs.

Sooo... http://www.x-kom.pl/p/250232-procesor-core-i5-1151-intel-i5-6400-270ghz-6mb-box.html, will make that big difference?
But intell will change now also mobo... :/ and 8300 seems to be nice :<
EDIT:
And what about gpu? Will 2GB do, and just going for intel i5 will make this good gaming setup?
EDIT2:
ohhh i5 4460 is much better than skylake serie ;-;
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6400-vs-AMD-FX-8300
it shows that fx 8300, isnt bad choice for this money (about 590PLN), while i5 is close to 900PLN, and 8350 is about 770PLN

Edited by MatTheBuilder
ooooh

27 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

i call it common sense 

What's funny  is that a lot of people still use Haswell which came out ONLY 1 year after Piledriver. I would never ever get an i5 over the 8350 even though you're right, it does outperform it in games, but when it comes to real CPU intensive tasks the 8350 is better. I game on a 8350 with a 980 Ti I get over 60 FPS in all games except GTA V. I currently game at 1080 but I'm saving money for 4K. Then a Pascal GPU then an Intel/Zen CPU

Ok, basing on cpuboss.com 
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-8350-vs-AMD-FX-8300
This fight for me won 8300, because it is cheap, and good enough.
But i5 4460 you are saying it is better in games which is the most important thing here I think, but also more than 1,5x more expensive, so I will think about it....
AND WHAT ABOUT GRAPHIC CARDS GUYS?! :P and mobos?
And if I would go for i5 4460 which mobo? (from x-kom.pl plx)
edit:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/MSI-Radeon-R7-370-Gaming-4-GB-vs-MSI-Radeon-R7-360

370 seems to make real difference here, but is about 760PLN while 360 is about 500PLN and will run GTA V good enough.... What to choose? damn ;-;

Edited by MatTheBuilder
additional stuff about i5 4460 and gpu

10 minutes ago, MatTheBuilder said:

Ok, basing on cpuboss.com 

CPUBoss benchmarks are garbage, please use a different benchmark to judge processors by.

24 minutes ago, XCalinX said:

but when it comes to real CPU intensive tasks the 8350 is better.

By "real CPU intensive tasks," I assume you mean perfectly multithreaded, well optimized benchmarks? Because I had an 8350 @ 4.9GHz, and it was garbage at everything versus my i7 with Hyperthreading disabled. There wasn't a single situation the 8350 shined.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 minute ago, Suika said:

CPUBoss benchmarks are garbage, please use a different benchmark to judge processors by.

By "real CPU intensive tasks," I assume you mean perfectly multithreaded, well optimized benchmarks? Because I had an 8350 @ 4.9GHz, and it was garbage at everything versus my i7 with Hyperthreading disabled. There wasn't a single situation the 8350 shined.

Can you tell me what benchmarks you used? I mean if you run a lot of programs at the same time the 8350 will have a lower usage than the meaningless i5.

7 minutes ago, XCalinX said:

meaningless i5

Sorry, uhh, what?

What's so meaningless about the i5?

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Guys also plx... look at price...

10 minutes ago, Suika said:

So which one to use?
also for price 570PLN which is like 120euro for 8300 I wont get i7, (and 8350 isn't that much better than 8300 I think, but I will check other benchmarks) It is like saying look at my only 1mln rocket versus your porsche....

46 minutes ago, XCalinX said:

Can you tell me what benchmarks you used? I mean if you run a lot of programs at the same time the 8350 will have a lower usage than the meaningless i5.

I didn't do benchmarks, I'm basing this off of real world usage.

1 minute ago, Suika said:

I didn't do benchmarks, I'm basing this off of real world usage.

So tell me how the CPU usage was doing then

Just now, XCalinX said:

So tell me how the CPU usage was doing then

Total CPU usage isn't nearly as relevant, how many cores are in use and how many are pegged at 100% is a bit more relevant of a question. I say that because my 8350 never saw 100% usage, usually you'd see 1-2 cores running at 100%, and maybe 2-4 more cores running with little usage, and a couple cores getting nothing.

I mean, I can peg one of the cores on my 5930k to 100% and only get a measured 8% total usage, but the problem is, if the task is singlethreaded, it doesn't matter how many cores I have. 

Just because multithreaded usage with the 8350 rivals that of an i5 doesn't mean the 8350 rivals an i5, it's still inferior in all but 1 aspect. Shockingly enough, the 8350 excels in video encoding, rivaling an i7 in loads. You can be proud that you can encode video all day faster than someone else with an i5, but that's about all you can do better lol.

6 minutes ago, Suika said:

Total CPU usage isn't nearly as relevant, how many cores are in use and how many are pegged at 100% is a bit more relevant of a question. I say that because my 8350 never saw 100% usage, usually you'd see 1-2 cores running at 100%, and maybe 2-4 more cores running with little usage, and a couple cores getting nothing.

I mean, I can peg one of the cores on my 5930k to 100% and only get a measured 8% total usage, but the problem is, if the task is singlethreaded, it doesn't matter how many cores I have. 

Just because multithreaded usage with the 8350 rivals that of an i5 doesn't mean the 8350 rivals an i5, it's still inferior in all but 1 aspect. Shockingly enough, the 8350 excels in video encoding, rivaling an i7 in loads. You can be proud that you can encode video all day faster than someone else with an i5, but that's about all you can do better lol.

So when it comes to raw CPU power the 8350 wins. The i5 is lucky that most games only use 4 cores or less, that's why it beats the 8350 in gaming but my 8350 still doesn't bottleneck my 980 ti that bad at 1080 and not at all at 4K

6 minutes ago, Suika said:

Just because multithreaded usage with the 8350 rivals that of an i5 doesn't mean the 8350 rivals an i5, it's still inferior in all but 1 aspect. Shockingly enough, the 8350 excels in video encoding, rivaling an i7 in loads. You can be proud that you can encode video all day faster than someone else with an i5, but that's about all you can do better lol.

So.... going for cheaper gpu and sweating for i5 will be so worth it?

Any admin here? Can we delete this topic? It came out as thrash, sorry :/