3D Printing Defined as Possible Human Carcinogen

iamdarkyoshi
4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ya, my printhead is basically nothing xD

Hide contents

post-128204-0-19919500-1453525655_thumb.

Dang. Respect.

That's some fine work. 

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Thanks man! It is making progress, whenever I feel like getting work done xD

It's the perfect balance of fine craftsmanship and "if it works" mentalities. 

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Plastics being considered cancerous is nothing new. You melt plastics in something that doesn't give much thought to fumes, then you'll get plastic fumes in the air.

I absolutely hate the smell of plastic so I already avoid it when possible. If you're melting plastics you should at least consider a mask or opening a window. They don't say you need good air circulation because of allergies ;)

Those who are familiar with cancer know it's a numbers game. Any basic steps you can take (i.e. opening a window) that could lower your odds should at least be considered.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

can we talk about how carcinogen is a stupid name that people who dont have previous knowledge dont understand. I had to google translate it. How hard would it be to say cancerrogen or whatever?!

The type of articles " *insert thing everyone uses every day* causes cancer!" is what really causes cancer -_-

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

What if oxygen is a previously unknown human carcinogen but it takes it 90+years to kill us?

/s

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Ok, plastic fumes cause cancer. What's new?

Talking on the phone gives you cancer,

opening the microwave before it's finished beeping gives you cancer,

drinking hard tap water gives you cancer.

Those indestructible plastic wrapping shells for shitty electronics give you cancer.

Everything causes cancer in California.

56b4c5a4bd1be_ItIsKnown.gif.1d451aa69e4f

This hysteria over things causing cancer is just completely ridiculous. Cancer's a serious problem, sure, but I'll be damned if breathing ABS is going to stop me from printing my fox loli figurines.