Why is my PC Bottlenecking in Games?

My old system was giving me problems with HDD not detecting, audio would cause the system to freeze, and the usb would constantly disconnect and reconnect, even though I haven't physically touch any of it. The problem is, they don't happen at a specific time or pattern. It does it randomly, like it will happen after using for a few hours, but won't happen again until a few days or weeks. Longest time it worked fine was like 4 months and then the problem appear again. I swapped out almost everything, except for motherboard, but problem still exist. I can continue and try to fix that problem, which I've been dealing for a few years, believing there has to be a fix, but you know what, there isn't, so instead of trying to find that "fix", I decided to do a upgrade. Trying to fix the impossible is a loosing battle, and a waste of time and energy.

As for your system, looks like everything has been swapped out. Perhaps it's not the computer itself and possibility something else? Like your monitor. I know you've already swapped out the monitor, but if it's the same model, it won't tell you anything. Try hooking your system to a HDTV and see if the problem still exist or not. And try a different type of connector or better HDMI cable.

The other options would be to use your system in another room, or if you can bring it to your friends house or computer shop and try it over there.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Alright guys, I've hidden some off-topic posts.

Yes, inevitably any tech forum will get trolls who'll pretend to have some technical issues while they are in fact suffering from mental issues (which are a bit harder to troubleshoot, and often can't be fixed), such is life. Sometimes they're stupid obvious enough to get banned quickly, sometimes they're a bit more subtle.

Was this thread created for trolling? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But here's the thing: Nobody is obligated to try to help OP. Every single member on this forum can just move past this thread without doing anything if they think it's not worth their time. If you think this thread was created for trolling... just don't help, ignore it. Nobody is forced to spend their time here.

Either way, be nice to each other.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

28 minutes ago, alpenwasser said:

Alright guys, I've hidden some off-topic posts.

Yes, inevitably any tech forum will get trolls who'll pretend to have some technical issues while they are in fact suffering from mental issues (which are a bit harder to troubleshoot, and often can't be fixed), such is life. Sometimes they're stupid obvious enough to get banned quickly, sometimes they're a bit more subtle.

Was this thread created for trolling? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But here's the thing: Nobody is obligated to try to help OP. Every single member on this forum can just move past this thread without doing anything if they think it's not worth their time. If you think this thread was created for trolling... just don't help, ignore it. Nobody is forced to spend their time here.

Either way, be nice to each other.

This is right.

Every child in my country gets examined by psychologists to check on their health.

So besides that.

I will have to say I was serious on the topic of the thread and actually spent personal time in it, they have nothing to lose but a few minutes when they write something and the only thing that makes me lose temper is time spent incorrectly or wasted for no reason.

So I am not the forums person and wanted to sort it out, that is my goal in the forums.

It doesnt matter how many threads I have on diffrent forums, as long as I am serious and devoted on the subject myself.

I appreciated the help I was given, and spent some time thanking the people in private messages. So yeah.

Anyway, you are right about them not being forced to post and thanks for your response.

Apparently I got replies of those so called trolls in some of my threads as well.

the best solution is call a moderator if the situations get out of hand.

Anyway, I dont think you mind me updating the initial post multiple times since I will be adding the progress I have with resolving it.

"Was this thread created for trolling? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not." To put it simply, not really. It gets depressing asking for the same topic but I just collect information about it and try to resolve it, some of the stuff I learned are useful for other people so I will in turn help other users if they have a more common problem than my own (Experience through hard times). Also I believe that it could help someone else in the future If I keep posting until I fix it if they have similar problem(s).

,Cheers

46 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

My old system was giving me problems with HDD not detecting, audio would cause the system to freeze, and the usb would constantly disconnect and reconnect, even though I haven't physically touch any of it. The problem is, they don't happen at a specific time or pattern. It does it randomly, like it will happen after using for a few hours, but won't happen again until a few days or weeks. Longest time it worked fine was like 4 months and then the problem appear again. I swapped out almost everything, except for motherboard, but problem still exist. I can continue and try to fix that problem, which I've been dealing for a few years, believing there has to be a fix, but you know what, there isn't, so instead of trying to find that "fix", I decided to do a upgrade. Trying to fix the impossible is a loosing battle, and a waste of time and energy.

As for your system, looks like everything has been swapped out. Perhaps it's not the computer itself and possibility something else? Like your monitor. I know you've already swapped out the monitor, but if it's the same model, it won't tell you anything. Try hooking your system to a HDTV and see if the problem still exist or not. And try a different type of connector or better HDMI cable.

The other options would be to use your system in another room, or if you can bring it to your friends house or computer shop and try it over there.

Currently I believe it is related to how the CPU are handled real time. Disabling throttling helped by a good bit. Especially on guild wars 2, My temperatures were stable so it seemed odd how I was having under-performing CPU, because it is a very good CPU. It maybe has a bad way of handling the different states in relation to the temperatures or something similar (for example, it could down-clock on lower temps than most CPUs)

I tried using HDTV with HDMI as well, I believe I have added it to the first post but if I did not, I will.

I have tried multiple rooms if you mean wall-plugs for power. I also used UPS system for providing sufficient energy and with no risk.

By the way in your case it could be either DPC Latency (google it) which could be related to incorrect drivers, in that case you can clean install windows and have prepared the latest drivers for your PC. Maybe try Windows 10 with the newest drivers for your PC. Even driver identifier or driver booster can help in that, but I recommend staying away from driver booster because it sometimes downloads a weird combination of drivers, they are compatible but not working as expected.

For me I monitor DPC Latency by using DPC Checker and Latencymon. It is a manual process but you have to do it in every PC in order for it to work at its best.

Possible Suspects for drivers conflicting with each other and they in turn conflict with the CPU are: (Network Drivers and/or their feautures) (Audio Drivers) (Video Drivers sometimes), power options and high performance will make it better too, making sure of no driver duplicates will also help.

Hope that helped you if you still have the problems.

Doing these small things did improve some aspects of the main problem, reduced the notability of it in most cases. So yeah, not fully fixed it but I am on a good spot, why give up now? No point in doing so.

UPDATE:

Latencymon shows this result, which is still moving my interest:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU SPEED
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reported CPU speed:                                   3591 MHz
Measured CPU speed:                                   1 MHz (approx.)
Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.
WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature

I mean, I have speedstep, throttling and everything disabled but still have this message, the measured CPU Speed is not the same with the reported one.

Which means there is a good chance inside games I get lower speeds than I should get when something needs processing, especially in battles it could cause issues, and I have issues inside battles in most games especially when something loads up, some assets or something similar to particles, smoke, depending on the game engine.

From what I recall this PC was famous to be very quiet but even at the full fan speed which is very very loud i still got this.

So it is like throttling effects but yet, it is not throttling.

• 4 years later...

Lot of good info via benchmarks etc. If there is anyone still having this issue, i wanted to add my experiance. 

I have struggled with the T3600 and its compatibility issues with Windows 10. 

Main culprit is the C600 Driver. There are 2 items in the Device manager for this component and 1 is causing all your troubles. 

Use the RSTe_f6_iaStorS_win8_64 driver and this will disable the troublesome component in windows 10.

Do not install the auto installing Intel driver set for C600 - it will cause freezes and you wont know where its coming from. 

Install the driver manually by selecting the file i device manager. Trust me this C600 is special in Windows 10.

2nd item is the NVIDIA driver - Roll it to version 445.98 and System purrs in Games and Benchmarks. I have the Nvidia 2080 Ti Ventus GPU. Working great in 4k and HD. Windows update will try to load newer drivers - they latest one for me has issues so i disabled the update. 

The T3600 is non NVME bootable - But the Clover tweak enables the use of PCIe NVme - in my case Samsung 970 NVME Via the UEFI boot. Gold for fast boots. 

The power supply the T3600 comes with is 635W and has trouble if you have decked out on GPU, CPU, Ramslots, # of hdds etc. I upgraded it to the Dell MF4N5 1300W 80 Plus Gold Switching Power Supply PSU. Part # is D1300EF-00 . Make sure you plug it in strait to the power socket as the  power boards on the way effect the power draw . I found this out the hard way.

Hope it works out for anyone with these issues. T3600 is a Great workhorse and delivers reliability but dosent like Windows 10 that much. Under Windows 7 - NVMe performance is higher also for those keen.