Why is my PC Bottlenecking in Games?

1 minute ago, TwinDenis said:

I was told that ram will not affect much, is it true?...

Well changing motherboard will not help much if I dont know where the problem is, because if I buy one and spend aprox, 700+ moneys for nothing it will be bad. Because I will need a new case, psu, cpu and motherboard.

The motherboard+cpu are the main pc components. So I will need to essentially buy a new PC.

This is not worth it.

You can check my motherboard if you want, the specs are on my profile to do a better review.

We talking about motherboard type, because the motherboard itself was swapped as said on the initial post more than once.

Yes the RAM may not affect much.

After all the mixing and matching, one component was presumably left alone : your Hard Drive. Try loading your games onto a different hard drive, or onto your own 850 Evo. This may probably be the culprit.

Nothing to see here ;)

Does your mother board use one of these chip sets? I imagine there are unverified cpu motherboard combos that will function but may not function well. Are your PCIe slots damaged in any way? Maybe try some dielectric grease.

Screenshot_2016-02-07-01-42-41.png

Edited by MarcWolfe

8 hours ago, anandgeforce said:

Yes the RAM may not affect much.

After all the mixing and matching, one component was presumably left alone : your Hard Drive. Try loading your games onto a different hard drive, or onto your own 850 Evo. This may probably be the culprit.

As said above, more than once. I have been using an SSD.

So this is irrelevant. Trying the same tings over and over is cycling.

5 hours ago, MarcWolfe said:

Does your mother board use one of these chip sets? I imagine there are unverified cpu motherboard combos that will function but may not function well. Are your PCIe slots damaged in any way? Maybe try some dielectric grease.

Screenshot_2016-02-07-01-42-41.png

Drivers dell siggests for my pc are chipset C600.

Here is a look from speccy.

speccmotherboardqw42341324.png.feabc5195

Patched gen 2 to gen 3 with a patch that came from nvidia.

Some more info here:

56b73139f0ed6_ret346363ertery5y53ry53y2e

9 hours ago, TwinDenis said:
22 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

As said above, more than once. I have been using an SSD.

So this is irrelevant. Trying the same tings over and over is cycling.

Drivers dell siggests for my pc are chipset C600.

Here is a look from speccy.

speccmotherboardqw42341324.png.feabc5195

Patched gen 2 to gen 3 with a patch that came from nvidia.

Some more info here:

56b73139f0ed6_ret346363ertery5y53ry53y2e

I was told that ram will not affect much, is it true?...

Well changing motherboard will not help much if I dont know where the problem is, because if I buy one and spend aprox, 700+ moneys for nothing it will be bad. Because I will need a new case, psu, cpu and motherboard.

The motherboard+cpu are the main pc components. So I will need to essentially buy a new PC.

This is not worth it.

You can check my motherboard if you want, the specs are on my profile to do a better review.

We talking about motherboard type, because the motherboard itself was swapped as said on the initial post more than once.

C600 is the Chipset Series, like the Z 100's series for Skylake. The actual chipset must be more like C602, C608, etc. just like H110, H170, etc.

As for the SSD talk, I asked you to run your games from your SSD, as I do know that your OS is on your SSD.

Nothing to see here ;)

Did U tried lowering graphics settings ?
Maybe game engine gets software related problems, because U R using it to the max (non-optimised AA performance or memory problems with large textures from Ultra) ?

U got newest Visual C++ and all DirectX files up to date (dwebsetup) ?

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

7 minutes ago, anandgeforce said:

C600 is the Chipset Series, like the Z 100's series for Skylake. The actual chipset must be more like C602, C608, etc. just like H110, H170, etc.

As for the SSD talk, I asked you to run your games from your SSD, as I do know that your OS is on your SSD.

There is no way to see this, all drivers and updates say c600/x79 series, thats it.

I only use SSD for games that is why it is on my tried list.

6 minutes ago, agent_x007 said:

Did U tried lowering graphics settings ?
Maybe game engine gets software related problems, because U R using it to the max ?
U got newest Visual C++ and all DirectX files up to date (dwebsetup) ?

I have a list of what I tried in the initial post. I have tried all of those.

__

ps: In bios it says min core speed 1.6 max core speed 3.6 for the processor

2 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

There is no way to see this, all drivers and updates say c600/x79 series, thats it.

I only use SSD for games that is why it is on my tried list.

I have a list of what I tried in the initial post. I have tried all of those.

I think it's an X79 board, based on speccy.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

I think it's an X79 board, based on speccy.

This is not the chipset, it is an x79 board,

you replied with what I already said "c600/x79"

How to know the chipset actual number.

1 minute ago, TwinDenis said:

X79 is an intel chipset. It is THE chipset.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

X79 is an intel chipset. It is THE chipset.

Okay.

If you say so. 

In fact it is the board, one of the bridges.

Chipset is C6XX.

so it cannot be X79,

it is a common board.

3 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

If you wanna know more about the C600 thing, try chatting with Dell Support Team. They are supposed to have an answer.

Nothing to see here ;)

5 minutes ago, anandgeforce said:

If you wanna know more about the C600 thing, try chatting with Dell Support Team. They are supposed to have an answer.

This should clear things up:

cpuramramr3242453452134134131.thumb.png.

I dont know if Sandy Bridge E Rev7, is considered a Chipset.

But this is all the info I can find.

11 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

This should clear things up:

cpuramramr3242453452134134131.thumb.png.

I dont know if Sandy Bridge E Rev7, is considered a Chipset.

But this is all the info I can find.

Could you please find your Workstation's service tag for me? That is sure to clear things up!

Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)

I think it's x79 chipset, Intel lists just a few i7s as compatible. And when I searched their ARK app for Sandy bridge E, even less CPUs were listed. Do you have another CPU you could swap in that's on one of these lists? Correct me if I'm wrong but a chip set is just a north bridge and south bridge set.

Screenshot_2016-02-07-10-13-16.png

Screenshot_2016-02-07-10-13-31.png

Not many sights mention the chipset but this sight did. Call Dell support and ask what chip set the board has, don't even mention what cpu you have. If they say "any CPU that fits the socket will work" ask to talk to some one who knows what they are talking about.

Screenshot_2016-02-07-10-36-33.png

1 hour ago, MarcWolfe said:

I think it's x79 chipset, Intel lists just a few i7s as compatible. And when I searched their ARK app for Sandy bridge E, even less CPUs were listed. Do you have another CPU you could swap in that's on one of these lists? Correct me if I'm wrong but a chip set is just a north bridge and south bridge set.

It is not easy to swap CPUs, especially if you dont know how to do it it is highly recommended to not touch anything.

It also breaks the warranty.

43 minutes ago, MarcWolfe said:

Not many sights mention the chipset but this sight did. Call Dell support and ask what chip set the board has, don't even mention what cpu you have. If they say "any CPU that fits the socket will work" ask to talk to some one who knows what they are talking about.

They do not provide this kind of support, for some reason. I mean I have already asked, they say they only provide technical support. Neither upgrade support nor details.

Anyway from my experience they will not help on this one.

So to not make it any further into this I would say the only info they have is the online provided one. They have no technical knowledge but instead, an archive.

From what I have seen so far. I need to find it somewhere else, yes the chipset is a set of chips of sandybridge-e and X79.

I only am able to use my xeon for now.

There should be a way to check on that without asking Dell.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processors#key=xeon_e5_1620

It is very easy to swap CPUs. Sandy bridge e is a generation/code name of processors. Get an X79 compatible CPU. I would also suggest going with a different brand motherboard in the future given the mediocre customer support. I would suggest the i7 3820, by far the cheapest and still has 40 PCIe lanes. It's a modest step up in specs from your Xeon, except the Xeon's 24/7 operation rating and ECC RAM support. Or of course another board that doesn't have questionable specs and is know support the rest of your hardware. PS 3820 is gen 2 PCIe no gen 3, but that will be just fine.

Edited by MarcWolfe

33 minutes ago, MarcWolfe said:

It is very easy to swap CPUs. Sandy bridge e is a generation/code name of processors. Get an X79 compatible CPU. I would also suggest going with a different brand motherboard in the future given the mediocre customer support. I would suggest the i7 3820, by far the cheapest and still has 40 PCIe lanes. It's a modest step up in specs from your Xeon, except the Xeon's 24/7 operation rating and ECC RAM support. Or of course another board that doesn't have questionable specs and is know support the rest of your hardware. PS 3820 is gen 2 PCIe no gen 3, but that will be just fine.

We failed to pinpoint where the problem is,  i7 3820 is out of the market for sometime now and is essentially the same as my xeon, it is the i7 counterpart.

I patched the pcie to gen3, in gpu-z and nvidia control panel it says that it runs on 3.0 speeds, in bios I can find an option that says something about pci bus speeds, it is 64,128 and 254 or something. There is a similar option below this one that has 2 choices, of small and large.

I was told this Desktop should work fine for this purpose as well without problems.

Update:

I monitored league of legends this time with all the configurations suggested.

I came up with this, It still chops frames when my characters enter the screen, or generally any character. It is a small version of what happens in heroes of the storm or other games. I am curious if somehow my connection interrupts, although it is not completely sure and it has been proven by both ISP and tests I did that there is no packet loss or low ping.

On lol I have 50ms, the standard of my Location could be anywhere from 60-70 so I am in a perfect spot.

In heroes of the storm I have lets say around 70ms, in try mode I have no severe issues unlike the normal mode, as seen on the video, but the try mode is totally local and has a very small area/graphics and all. So it would not matter much if I was able to run it better.

So anyway here it is.

combinedloltest.thumb.png.33323250dfbf73

If I read that right your CPU is stuck at 1.177 Ghz. If so, that's your problem. Now what's causing it? Could be before mentioned chip set (maybe, I don't exactly why though) or CPU could just be dieing. I'd check bios settings again. Can you post a graph for bench marks? Maybe prime 95 and 3D Mark (one to stress CPU, and one to stress GPU).

20 minutes ago, MarcWolfe said:

If I read that right your CPU is stuck at 1.177 Ghz. If so, that's your problem. Now what's causing it? Could be before mentioned chip set (maybe, I don't exactly why though) or CPU could just be dieing. I'd check bios settings again. Can you post a graph for bench marks? Maybe prime 95 and 3D Mark (one to stress CPU, and one to stress GPU).

Actually no, according to OpenHardwareMonitor

.3453wq5h3hq3h534.thumb.png.125386bfb552c

PS: 3D mark results: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10505457

I dont need this CPU, it should work fine with my xeon, it is its counterpart and kinda better and more expensive.

I might buy a new Rig in the future but for now I need it.

It just said core clock looks like it was actually refering to GPU core clock. Was that first graph monitoring the CPU under load? Because it shows CPU usage as very low.

18 minutes ago, MarcWolfe said:

It just said core clock looks like it was actually refering to GPU core clock. Was that first graph monitoring the CPU under load? Because it shows CPU usage as very low.

I have more than this one, check out the initial post, there is another one or two. Which have been running on heroes of the storm where the struggle is very real.

The one above is from league of legends.

Pretty much the same issue but in different weight.

The load is big on one core and not even on all cores.

So anyway thats how it was running while in game.

League of legends does not need much processing power, but still has this weird effect I spoke of above.

14 hours ago, TwinDenis said:

It is not easy to swap CPUs, especially if you dont know how to do it it is highly recommended to not touch anything.

It also breaks the warranty.

They do not provide this kind of support, for some reason. I mean I have already asked, they say they only provide technical support. Neither upgrade support nor details.

Anyway from my experience they will not help on this one.

So to not make it any further into this I would say the only info they have is the online provided one. They have no technical knowledge but instead, an archive.

From what I have seen so far. I need to find it somewhere else, yes the chipset is a set of chips of sandybridge-e and X79.

I only am able to use my xeon for now.

There should be a way to check on that without asking Dell.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processors#key=xeon_e5_1620

Then try Intel support! They are sure to have an answer for your question.

Nothing to see here ;)