Colorful DIMM Heat-Spreaders : Are they even worth it?!

Other than for colorfully labeling the DIMMs that belong to a certain brand, what purpose does the RAM heat-spreaders solve?

Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)

I serves to improve the aesthetics is all really. RAM sticks don't produce enough heat to warrant a heatsink. Bare RAM sticks look a bit more ugly IMO than ones that have a heatspreader.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Just now, Interfectorem said:

I serves to improve the aesthetics is all really. RAM sticks don't produce enough heat to warrant a heatsink. Bare RAM sticks look a bit more ugly IMO than ones that have a heatspreader.

Yes, I do agree with that. Without dem heat-spreaders, every DIMM will stick out of your carefully color-coded PC insides...

Nothing to see here ;)

They aren't very practical, but it's also not really a "premium" feature. It's almost harder to find memory today that doesn't have heatspreaders, and you often aren't even saving much money by doing so.