Should I get Cosmic Ears BA1 Custom IEMs?

Go to solution Solved by Beeble,

For them to be offering fully custom IEMs for £100, they're going to be absolutely terrible. The IEMs you see performers using on stage go for around £1000, just to put things into perspective. Another thing to note is that at 14, your ears are still growing, they don't stop until you're about 18-20, so buying custom IEMs now would mean they would probably stop fitting fairly soon, and the fact that it's hard acrylic would make that much worse (and acrylic is also very uncomfortable).

I've never seen those Yamahas before, but to be honest, they don't look great. 

If I were you, I'd check out the Shure se215 or 315s if you can stretch to it. These are the industry standard in the audio world where an artist doesn't have their own custom IEMs. They're very comfortable, sound great, and are very tough too. 

Hope this helps!

I've been looking for some good earbuds or IEMs (In Ear Monitors) for under $200, in my search I have come across Shure, Yamaha, and  server other brands. Until I found Cosmic Ears, I will provide a link at the end of this post so you can do your own research, but I will post what they have on their website under features :

Features

• Single balanced armature receiver – 1 x lows, mids and highs
  • Full sized medical grade hard acrylic shell
  • Various standard colours
  • Detachable Cosmic Ears premium cable

These headphones cost around $150 USD, and require you to go to an audiologist to get your ear impressions, or you can buy their kit and do it yourself. These seem like really solid IEMs and I would like to purchase them within 2 months time. Would it be worth it to get custom IEMs or should I get something like the Yamaha EPH-100SL

Here is the link to the Cosmic Ears BA1, I plan on getting the medium sized shell. 

These will be for music ONLY purposes. 

For them to be offering fully custom IEMs for £100, they're going to be absolutely terrible. The IEMs you see performers using on stage go for around £1000, just to put things into perspective. Another thing to note is that at 14, your ears are still growing, they don't stop until you're about 18-20, so buying custom IEMs now would mean they would probably stop fitting fairly soon, and the fact that it's hard acrylic would make that much worse (and acrylic is also very uncomfortable).

I've never seen those Yamahas before, but to be honest, they don't look great. 

If I were you, I'd check out the Shure se215 or 315s if you can stretch to it. These are the industry standard in the audio world where an artist doesn't have their own custom IEMs. They're very comfortable, sound great, and are very tough too. 

Hope this helps!

+1 onthe 20 thing and until then I'd just get something that sounded decent (shure, senns, whatever floats you lobes) and get the foam tips for comfort/isolation.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

• 5 weeks later...

Well, thank you for the advice, but I honestly kind of forgot about this thread. I had made another thread on Head-Fi, and asked for the best IEMs under $200, I ended up buying the Shure SE215s and I am very pleased.