Looking For New College Laptop

I am looking for a laptop around the $800 range that can handle light gaming (mostly WoW), and everyday tasks. I want something thin and relatively light. I currently own an Alienware 17, but its just huge and the battery life is awful. I have been looking at the Dell XPS 13 with 8gb of ram and a 256gb SSD, I'm just not sure how well it can run games or light photo editing. All help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tommy

What about the Razer Ultrabook and keep the Razer Core at home

The Dell XPS 13 would run wow and most likely do light editing fine, but you wont get it for $800.... it's current at like $1250

Currently i use a HP zbook 15" workstation for uni, but some of my friends use the 14" zbook which is pretty small and light (this is all relative ofc) and it's pretty beast of a machine. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

1 minute ago, Pepi28 said:

Currently i use a HP zbook 15" workstation for uni, but some of my friends use the 14" zbook which is pretty small and light (this is all relative ofc) and it's pretty beast of a machine. 

Sorry i somehow missed the part about your budget. My apologies!

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

Side note, looking back at the specs, you won't be running wow at ultra, or not even high most likely...

Not sure what your definition of thin and light is, but the Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK is legit. A friend of mine who is going into college fairly soon decided to buy it. 

If you don't consider it small enough, http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-13-7359-laptop/pd?oc=fncww5003h&model_id=inspiron-13-7359-laptop is another gr8 option.

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

1 minute ago, Mikius10001 said:

Side note, looking back at the specs, you won't be running wow at ultra, or not even high most likely...

As long as it's a tolerable experience I am fine sacrificing the power of the Alienware for the weight and size of something smaller.

6 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

What about the Razer Ultrabook and keep the Razer Core at home

I looked into that, but I would have to buy the $1000 laptop, and then the core plus a graphics card. That's just a lot of money.

1 minute ago, SirCallow said:

Not sure what your definition of thin and light is, but the Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK is legit. A friend of mine who is going into college fairly soon decided to buy it. 

If you don't consider it small enough, http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-13-7359-laptop/pd?oc=fncww5003h&model_id=inspiron-13-7359-laptop is another gr8 option.

That was the one I was trying to find...I couldnt find it

8 minutes ago, SirCallow said:

I will definitely look into this one. It looks like a great option. Also, by thin and light, I mean compared to my Alienware. It's almost 10 pounds and I had to buy a special backpack for it... I just want something that's a reasonable size and has good performance. 

Thanks everybody for the quick replies!