Quick Questions

Flowey

So Yeah I'm just wondering what kind of setup you guys have for putting the PC together. I have a wooden table, my tools, my case with the power supply mounted and plugged for a static-free workbench and all my parts. So my question is : what do you waer when building a PC? Do you have some special setup apart from a table? Any pro tips to share?

Thx a lot

If I take my motherboard out, I put it on my mousepad. Too lazy for an anti-static wristband. If I'm just doing in-the-case work, I lay my PC on a towel on top of the dining room table (which is 2ft away from the PC itself [I use the towel on the table to protect the table, not the tower.]) I touch the case to get rid of static. I use a single screwdriver for everything (though it uses more than 1 bit,) except for tiny screws where I use a tiny screwdriver. Sometimes, I don't even unplug anything when I do simple stuff like take out the video card or RAM (I do unplug the PSU just in case.) 

I used to be quite active here.

2 minutes ago, Flowey said:

So Yeah I'm just wondering what kind of setup you guys have for putting the PC together. I have a wooden table, my tools, my case with the power supply mounted and plugged for a static-free workbench and all my parts. So my question is : what do you waer when building a PC? Do you have some special setup apart from a table? Any pro tips to share?

Thx a lot

" MY DETERMINATION SAYS"

Nothing really if your on a wooden tabel you'll be just fine

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Yea, wooden table too. I know how Linus' build guides start but /effort 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I built mine on the carpet floor while making love to it, generating as much static as I could.

Honestly just do it on a wooden table or something and you should be fine. Just take your PSU, plug it in (with the switch turned OFF) and touch it every once in a while if static concerns you. I rarely even do this

This tools thing has me intrigued, apart from a #2 screwdriver what else do you have?

Building/faffing, whatever,  nothing  special, as long as the area  is not cluttered or overrun by cats .

A wooden table will be fine, maybe a towel (smooth/clean) over the table surface to stop it scratching your componemts.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

1. Strip down to my boxers! (Can't risk that static)
  2. Move all the components to my wooden floor and spread them out on top of their boxes.
  3. Place the case on an anti-static mat
  4. Build light the WIND!

I just use a standard screw driver. You shouldn't need any fancy tools for an average build.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)