File Explorer Crashing

Certain programs take longer than others to load. And it's not just that it takes longer, it takes a REALLY long time, like, 20 minutes later. Chrome, my Runescape Client, and not much else. 

But I also have this other issue where File Explorer crashes on right click, whether it be on an empty space or a file. Even when I try to bypass right click by left clicking the file to select it and then going to the file top on the top of the explorer, this too causes file explorer to crash. Is there any test that I can run to determine the source of the problem, or has anyone also experienced this before. 

Either Google can't help me or my Google-fu is weak. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

try reinstalling Chrome to see if that clears it up for that application.

It's difficult to say with any certainty but it almost sounds like there might be some issues with disk. You could try running checkdisk if you're feeling brave, it will try to repair any bad sectors.

This really could be anything though, a bad antivirus install could cause weird performance and crashing issues in certain aps, a virus could do the same. Not the sort of thing I'd like to try diagnosing over a forum.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

41 minutes ago, UndeadGamer95 said:

And it's not just that it takes longer, it takes a REALLY long time, like, 20 minutes later.

This sounds like your harddisk/ssd in on its way to the heaven, if you know what I mean. xD

Get this http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html  and see what is the smart status.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

Seems fine putting aside the abnormal temperature. Is your pc a laptop? Because if it is then its probably clogged with dust and bad stuff making it overheating. And after such thing is quite normal to have strange problems with windows or whatever OS is used.

Nevertheless there is always the potential problem with viruses. Have you did any antivirus + anti malware scanning till now?

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

6 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

Seems fine putting aside the abnormal temperature. Is your pc a laptop? Because if it is then its probably clogged with dust and bad stuff making it overheating. And after such thing is quite normal to have strange problems with windows or whatever OS is used.

Nevertheless there is always the potential problem with viruses. Have you did any antivirus + anti malware scanning till now?

You're right, it is a laptop. It's also been a while since I've cleaned it. The day this started happening though, I ran Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and both of them came up clean so I don't think the problem lies with a virus. I'll definitely try cleaning out my computer though. Thank you for the help! 

I can give you another idea. At work one of the stuff I manage are the laptops (15) I had similar problem once before few years. It was just corrupted files, to this day I still don`t know what caused it.  So I run sfc scan to ensure the integrity of the file system and then reinstall for small numbers of affected programs.