Are these temps normal? (CRYORIG H5 Ultimate, i5 4690K, EVOLV ITX)?

Go to solution Solved by TheRandomness,

Those temps are perfectly fine.

My case is the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX, and I have a 200mm fan on intake and a 120mm on exhaust, with the H5 blowing toward the back of the case. My i5 is currently not overclocked. The temps are about 32 to 35 degrees with occaisional spikes up to low 40s at idle, and no more than 60 degrees under load. Ambient temperature is approx. 25-26 degrees.

Might be being kinda paranoid, but is this normal for this cooler, CPU and form factor?

And side note; how do you edit your damn signature in this new version of the forum? I can't seem to bloody well figure it out :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

7 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

My case is the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX, and I have a 200mm fan on intake and a 120mm on exhaust, with the H5 blowing toward the back of the case. My i5 is currently not overclocked. The temps are about 32 to 35 degrees with occaisional spikes up to low 40s at idle, and no more than 60 degrees under load. Ambient temperature is approx. 25-26 degrees.

Might be being kinda paranoid, but is this normal for this cooler, CPU and form factor?

And side note; how do you edit your damn signature in this new version of the forum? I can't seem to bloody well figure it out :P

That sounds like a liquid cooler to me, but I'm not sure. Anyway, as a comparison, my i5-6600 never goes more than 60 with the stock cooler set to "quiet". ??

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

+1 for normal. The TIM under the built-in spreader on those CPUs isn't so great, so unless you are water cooling you are always going to be several degrees above ambient.

1 hour ago, Samishere said:

The TIM under the built-in spreader on those CPUs isn't so great, so unless you are water cooling you are always going to be several degrees above ambient.

Uh, no. The tim used underneath the ihs is actually better than what is regarded as the most popular or best pastes available on the market. If you're referring to delidding lowering temps, that has to do with the removal of the rubber adhesive and reducing the gap between the die and ihs. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Uh, no. The tim used underneath the ihs is actually better than what is regarded as the most popular or best pastes available on the market. If you're referring to delidding lowering temps, that has to do with the removal of the rubber adhesive and reducing the gap between the die and ihs. 

Ivy Bridge and Haswell use TIM, that's the problem. They used to Solder the IHS on.

That's why it's so desirable to delid and apply better TIM: 

1 hour ago, Samishere said:

Ivy Bridge and Haswell use TIM, that's the problem. They used to Solder the IHS on.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Normal or rather really good temps for CPU.

19 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

20 hours ago, Samishere said:

+1 for normal. The TIM under the built-in spreader on those CPUs isn't so great, so unless you are water cooling you are always going to be several degrees above ambient.

20 hours ago, Aleksbgbg said:

That sounds like a liquid cooler to me, but I'm not sure. Anyway, as a comparison, my i5-6600 never goes more than 60 with the stock cooler set to "quiet". ??

20 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Those temps are perfectly fine.

Thank you all for your input. I might be able to stop worrying now :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

7 hours ago, Samishere said:

The tim is not the problem. Yes, they use tim but it's not the reason why temps are lower after delidding. 
You can try it yourself. Try delidding, replacing the tim with liquid metal, and leaving the black rubber around the edges--you'll find that temps are nearly the same. This is because the rubber increasing the gap between the die and ihs is what increases temps so much. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.