Why are Mini-ITX Z97 boards so expensive all the sudden?

KWelz

Did someone find out these were made of solid gold?  I have been looking for even a middling quality Z97 Mini ITX board for weeks now and the few I can find are well over 200...  What the heck is going on?  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

2 minutes ago, KWelz said:

Did someone find out these were made of solid gold?  I have been looking for even a middling quality Z97 Mini ITX board for weeks now and the few I can find are well over 200...  What the heck is going on?  

A lot of Z97 boards in general have gotten more expensive.  That's due to the release of Skylake.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

3 minutes ago, KWelz said:

Where do you live?

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

Just now, LeonKennedy6 said:

Where do you live?

United States. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Because of Skylake I think

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

10 minutes ago, Whorax said:

I always thought ITX boards were much more expensive anyways.. because they're small.

Yeah, normally Micro-ATX is the money sweet spot. ITX can get expensive.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

I was in the same boat recently on a ITX build for a friend.  A salesperson at Micro Center said it's because when manufacturers release motherboards for a new chipset, mATX and ITX boards are usually the last to come out.  The time between the release of Z97 and Z170 was so short that they didn't produce nowhere near as many as they did for past chipsets.