I'm not overclocking anything and my CPU is over 100 degrees

Nesagsar

What is your fan setup?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

Is the cooler mounted properly?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

That's in Fahrenheit. It's fine. It if was 100 degrees C, we would be having a different discussion.

Did you see the column on the far right? 105 degrees C.

Just now, Nesagsar said:

Did you see the column on the far right? 105 degrees C.

I edited my post.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, ToniBamboni said:

What is your fan setup?

I have a 120mm exhaust fan. it came with the case, thermaltake.

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Is the cooler mounted properly?

Yes, thermal compound used properly as well. 

Just now, Nesagsar said:

What case are you using?

Just now, Nesagsar said:

Is it making contact with the CPU?  Are the fans spinning? What cooler is it?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

You replaced the thermal paste? Maybe bad cooler installment? You ever had this rig running with low temps? Any changes made?

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

Try reseating the cooler and applying fresh thermal paste, ensure that fans are running on the cooler 

Could be air between cooler and CPU or just a bad sensor. PRO top - touch it.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Is this during a stress test with a stock cooler?

Otherwise I'd be leaning towards bad contact with the cooler.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

The temps look normal, here the normally used unit is °c not °f, that's why it looks like too much

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Did you remove the plastic film from the CPU cooler?

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Might be a slight glitch with HWMonitor.

0e177452fe0708c5b0951e748d62fcc7.png  No consumer processor has made it past 9GHz let alone 26GHz. 

56585224c6b16872f4c6406db0941005.png  Also that's impressive getting under 0C. 

I think it might just be an error when the program was opened originally. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, Juanse said:

The temps look normal, here the normally used unit is °c not °f, that's why it looks like too much

WHAT? Just.. WHAT?

Just now, Juanse said:

Check again. The bottom photo with the Max value.

Umm.. Mobo and CPU sensors seem like they are too broken, but it couldn't be like that.. Try reinstalling this program, or maybe even entire system.. I don't know if piece of software could cause this.. Naargh..

Touch the cooler when running, if it is 100c you will be able to tell lol. If it is actually 100c, try reseating the cooler (reinstall it, new thermal paste, make sure it is making contact) Ensure the plastic cover film from the cooler is removed.

EDIT: If it doesn't seem like 100c, talk to HP (as that is the manufacturer of the PC correct? and let them know there is an issue with the mobo temp sensors. I'm also surprised the PC hasn't turned off or throttled?

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

5 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

Is this during a stress test with a stock cooler?

Otherwise I'd be leaning towards bad contact with the cooler.

This is from ten minutes of Hitman Absolution on lowest settings with a stock cooler.

4 minutes ago, Nesagsar said:

This is from ten minutes of Hitman Absolution on lowest settings with a stock cooler.

Yes but did you remove the sticker on CPU and actually tested touching your CPU when on? You havent really replied to any of our comments m8.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

4 minutes ago, ChronicGenocide said:

Touch the cooler when running, if it is 100c you will be able to tell lol. If it is actually 100c, try reseating the cooler (reinstall it, new thermal paste, make sure it is making contact) Ensure the plastic cover film from the cooler is removed.

EDIT: If it doesn't seem like 100c, talk to HP (as that is the manufacturer of the PC correct? and let them know there is an issue with the mobo temp sensors. I'm also surprised the PC hasn't turned off or throttled?

It certainly is running hot, I can feel the hot air coming out of the back fan. I checked the BIOS settings and thermo-shutdown is disabled, I didnt want to mess with it though - I have no idea how to alter BIOS settings safely. Also, I built this system myself for about $1200 two years ago, no warranty.