How would I print a .dts Digital Image file? [Details inside]

Hi guys,

I have a .dts Digital Image file. After some googling, I have found it is a special medical imaging file type that is used for images usually attained through Radiology. 

• iSite Enterprise (Medical Image) by Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.iSite Enterprise is an enterprise-wide web-based image distribution solution that delivers the power of radiology to the point of patient care. By leveraging patented iSyntax technology, iSite Enterprise delivers immediate access to diagnostic-quality images to clinicians and referring physicians at any time and anywhere throughout the healthcare environment. This a format used for Medical Imaging similar to DICOM image format and based on iSyntax. This association is classified as Graphic. Related links: iSyntax Paper [PDF]

That is from http://filext.com/file-extension/DTS

Now, a friend has said file and they need to print said image, but I cannot find any way to do so. Any help is appreciated. Does anyone know if maybe Photoshop/GIMP will recognize it and be able to convert it? I do not have the file on hand to test it out, otherwise I would.

Thanks,
Vitalius

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have no clue. Get googling intern! :D

I have been for a while. That quote is the only thing I have found even remotely related to a "digital image" since .dts is also a sound file extension.

Very confusing. >.< The sound file extension is more prevalent so it mucks up my Google results. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have been for a while. That quote is the only thing I have found even remotely related to a "digital image" since .dts is also a sound file extension.

Very confusing. >.< The sound file extension is more prevalent so it mucks up my Google results. 

I just quick searched and it keeps showing up as an audio file for me...did your friend dun goof? lol

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I just quick searched and it keeps showing up as an audio file for me...did your friend dun goof? lol

Well, no. It is a very specialized digital image file extension for radiology according to that website I quoted. Which makes sense. I mentioned that to him and he said "Yeah, that is what it is. I need it printed. I just need a program that can open it to print it."

I suggested trying Photoshop and GIMP in the meantime while I search for someone who might know what to do with it. Thus the thread. :P

† Christian Member †

Hi guys,

I have a .dts Digital Image file. After some googling, I have found it is a special medical imaging file type that is used for images usually attained through Radiology.

That is from http://filext.com/file-extension/DTS

Now, a friend has said file and they need to print said image, but I cannot find any way to do so. Any help is appreciated. Does anyone know if maybe Photoshop/GIMP will recognize it and be able to convert it? I do not have the file on hand to test it out, otherwise I would.

Thanks,

Vitalius

http://www-sop.inria.fr/asclepios/software/MedINRIA/howto/

if you click on documentation, it talks about dts files in section 3.2.

Sorry I couldn't be of help! Best of luck :D

http://www-sop.inria.fr/asclepios/software/MedINRIA/howto/

if you click on documentation, it talks about dts files in section 3.2.

Well thanks guys.

However, apparently he typoed and the letters were swapped. It is a .dst embroidery file that is usually used in AutoCAD.

He already found a way to fix it, as now that he knew what the file was, it was easy to get (AuotCAD is relatively easy to find out about after all).

† Christian Member †

If it's a specialized format, it'll require a very specific program to decode the data; odds are high that due to being used in the medical field, that specific program is unavailable to average users. You'll have to find out where the file came from (and who gave it to you/them) and ask them for the specifics.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2