Deciding on which motherboard

Retrobeard

Hey guys,

im looking on the forum for a while now and watching Linus for a while too,but this is my first post here since i decided to build a new gaming Rig.

So i am about to order the parts one of te days but im struggling with the choice of motherboard i should take.

my setup now will be:

CPU:

Intel® Core i7-6700K, 4,0 GHz (4,2 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 1151 processor

CPU cooler:

Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT

Ram modules:

Kingston HyperX 16 GB DDR4-3000 Kit x2

GPU:

MSI GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G x2

SSD:

Samsung 850 EVO, 1 TB SSD

PSU:

Cooler Master V1000

This will be the base setup for my new machine, tell me what u guys think or if i should change something.

But the biggest question i have is which Motherboard i should go with.

I was thinking about the ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA, socket 1151 

Or wouldnt it make a big difference to go with a cheaper one like the GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Gaming 3-EU?

I use the PC as my gaming rig to play AAA titles mostly and the normal stuff, i will however soon start streaming and rendering videos too so i just want to make sure i do not run in any trouble.

And as a secondary question i am even not sure about getting the 2 GTX 980TI's since soon (a couple months) the new PASCAL from Nvidia will release.

I tried to get some info about the new PASCAL GPU's and if they would be a decent amount better then current generation GPU's but honestly we all have to agree on the fact that Nvidia did not give us alot of info around gaming with their new architecture, all we know is that it will be faster then  Maxwell, at deep-learning / artificial intelligence workloads.

So please if u can help me a hand here i would appreciate it alot.

*PS: for those who have negative reactions or critisism on my build i would like you to know that i worked really hard to save up for this.

Imo any motherboard that is compatible will do.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

I don't think you would notice much. I've never OC'ed with Gigabyte board before, but i know Asus are very easy to OC with. I've never had a problem with Asus so i always go with them. But I'm pretty sure it won't make that much of a difference. 

2 GPUs i mean if you have the money sure why not LOL.  But it would help with video rendering.

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

Looks great. Pretty much any compatible motherboard will work, so save a bit of cash and get the Gigabyte one, they seem to be pretty solid.

ok, so its just the features and does not affect any speeds thats what i needed to hear :)

im used to building pc's but these days motherboard have so many things on them that its hard to decide for me.

but now after looking at more detailed specs i think i will maybe go with the Gigabyte since it has 2 x M.2  and the asus got only 1.

And yeah i chose the 2 GPU's for the rendering part of it.