In need of RAM. Good RAM at that.

Hi guys,

So my old, "Komputer Bay" RAM is dying and I need some more. The issue is, I've never handled memory before. I know about the clock, latency, DDR-revisions and such, but need help narrowing down. So what is the highest performance memory for the following factors:

- DDR3

- 16GB (dual channel)

- Black and White

- Design will go well with my NZXT H440 (see image)

Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks guys! :D

post-240425-0-17013700-1454018108.jpeg

Why yes gavner I am int-oo these 'ere comuter machines I am! Too British?

get 2x4 Kingston HyperX Fury  Black

and pair it with 2x4 Kingston HyperX Fury White

those will look lovely in there

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/memory/kingston_hyperx_fury_memory/1

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

They look good, but that would be either 32GB, too expensive, or kneecapping capacity. :(

Hi guys,

So my old, "Komputer Bay" RAM is dying and I need some more. The issue is, I've never handled memory before. I know about the clock, latency, DDR-revisions and such, but need help narrowing down. So what is the highest performance memory for the following factors:

- DDR3

- 16GB (dual channel)

- Black and White

- Design will go well with my NZXT H440 (see image)

Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks guys! :D

2x4gb black sticks

2x4gb white sticks

is what i would go for

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Thanks, think I'll save up a bit longer then and drop on 32GB.

They look good, but that would be either 32GB, too expensive, or kneecapping capacity. :(

why can't you do two 2x4 kits?

or just go with one kit of 2x8 Black or 2x8 white depending on your motherboard

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

2x4gb black sticks

2x4gb white sticks

is what i would go for

It would be less wasteful to get 2x8GB white Or black sticks and leave the other slots open for the future.  No point in wasting money.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Thanks, think I'll save up a bit longer then and drop on 32GB.

You could buy a 2x8GB kit now and the other later if you'd like to.  Kingston makes great looking and quality RAM.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

It would be less wasteful to get 2x8GB white Or black sticks and leave the other slots open for the future.  No point in wasting money.

by the time you need 32gb on a non-Workstation desktop you'll already be upgrading to a platform with DDR4

if not the DDR3 will get too expensive and you'll be upgrading to DDR4 anyway

by the time you need 32gb on a non-Workstation desktop you'll already be upgrading to a platform with DDR4

if not the DDR3 will get too expensive and you'll be upgrading to DDR4 anyway

Okay, point taken. Think what I'll do is take on-board what Weak1ings and you have said. I'll grab a 16GB kit of white Fury X, then leave it at that. :)

Okay, point taken. Think what I'll do is take on-board what Weak1ings and you have said. I'll grab a 16GB kit of white Fury X, then leave it at that. :)

:( you missing on some pretty look from your case window

I just wish Kingston would release White DDR4, I'd intantly jump on that Black/White

:( you missing on some pretty look from your case window

I just wish Kingston would release White DDR4, I'd intantly jump on that Black/White

I just wish there was more black and white full stop. it's all red and black these days :(

I just wish there was more black and white full stop. it's all red and black these days :(

MSIs XPOWER and MPOWER yellow is pretty neat, but good luck on matching other components to that

also Gigabyte has quite unique orange on their SOC boards

I have an MPOWER :lol: though with the exception of the "Audio Boost" light, all the yellow parts are plasti-dipped white.