Your thoughts on the Oculus Rift!?

What do you think about the Oculus Rift?, Looking foward to it? maybe not so much? Pros? Cons? Lets talk about them!

(My personal opinion is that the Oculus Rift is going to change the way we game, maybe not immediately, but in a few years. Its looks really cool to me. At this point in time, I dont think I would want to use it for every game, and It will be a big change ill have to get use to.)

post-38841-0-35275300-1378430470_thumb.j

"While they're shooting pistols, I'm dropping nuclear bombs" -Tvoc 2k13

Wait for the 2nd iteration. That'll have all the fixed bugs and improved features

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Same as coolbeans, Its a cool thing, but I really could care less since I am too poor to afford them anyways.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

it will be alright for scary or inmersive games but then i dont think of otherways i would use it

Cant wait for the rift the minute the consumer model is available i will purchase it.  I want to break down and get a Dev Kit but i'm trying not to :P

2516871-4436290867-iSOA9.png

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I think that it will take a few versions to get it just right but after then the possibilities are endless... Being able to walk around fictional worlds and get lost in the atmosphere will revolutionize gaming.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Usually a discussion where you ask for an opinion of others on a topic usually means you should give your own opinion on said topic.

Why are people doing 1 sentence topics when it comes to things. Especially news. People seem to just post a picture and a sentence saying what happened. Very few actually say there opinion or what it is about in there own words. If you don't have time to post everything don't bother posting because someone else will likely post it. The people that go in depth add a lot more and make the topic more interesting and engaging.

But as for this topic. Yea it's an awesome piece of technology. I'm want to get one when it's released but only if it supports some games that I actually have interest in. And so far no there aren't any but I'm sure someone will make something.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I'll use it only with the omni...

Have you checked out the Atlas?

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Usually a discussion where you ask for an opinion of others on a topic usually means you should give your own opinion on said topic.

Why are people doing 1 sentence topics when it comes to things. Especially news. People seem to just post a picture and a sentence saying what happened. Very few actually say there opinion or what it is about in there own words. If you don't have time to post everything don't bother posting because someone else will likely post it. The people that go in depth add a lot more and make the topic more interesting and engaging.

But as for this topic. Yea it's an awesome piece of technology. I'm want to get one when it's released but only if it supports some games that I actually have interest in. And so far no there aren't any but I'm sure someone will make something.

Excellent point.

Quite over at my side, planning to grab one with a Saitek x52 Pro for Star Citizen, bring immersion to a whole new level!

Have you checked out the Atlas?

if it's the same concept and stuff then that will work too, my main point being something that allows me to move my body as well

post-38841-0-35275300-1378430470.jpgmeh, it is not made from my favorite gaming peripheral company and has no LED lights on it do not want

but seriously will definitely get this thing and I don't know if I can resist modding this thing to look like a daft punk helmet

I may wait for 2nd or 3rd gen when the company has matured enough and they get enough user feedback from consumers to fix bugs. Also they may add head tracking in a 3D plane so not only would you be able to look around but also crouch or lay down and look under objects in the game.

This is definitely something I want to try out though!

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

Once it's more known as a way to game and the price drops, I'll try it out. But for now, I'm happy with the good ol' keyboard and mouse :)

Your right I should post my own opinion, sorry.. I just joined today haha, although ive been watching Linus for a long time. I was mostly looking for other peoples opinions for this topic but my personal opinion is that the Oculus Rift is going to change the way we game, maybe not immediately, but in a few years. Its looks really cool to me. At this point in time, I dont think I would want to use it for every game, and It will be a big change ill have to get use to.

"While they're shooting pistols, I'm dropping nuclear bombs" -Tvoc 2k13

Your right I should post my own opinion, sorry.. I just joined today haha, although ive been watching Linus for a long time. I was mostly looking for other peoples opinions for this topic but my personal opinion is that the Oculus Rift is going to change the way we game, maybe not immediately, but in a few years. Its looks really cool to me. At this point in time, I dont think I would want to use it for every game, and It will be a big change ill have to get use to.

Nothing against you it's just been bothering me lately of the same people posting news and adding nothing but the link and a quote from the link itself.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree. My opinion on this is probably going to change in 6 months anyways when it is released or closer to release. Just hope it's as good as everyone says.

meh, it is not made from my favorite gaming peripheral company and has no LED lights on it do not want

I think they will fail if they don't put a strobe light on it.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

The future of gaming.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

What I think is that gamers are going to be the next marathon runners after this and games like DayZ of BF where you have to run a lot

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz