how yo bypass extreme school wifi restraits

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,

oh.

Gotchu.

Thanks

Now if I bluetooth tether my tablet to my phone, and use the wifi hotspot on my phone, I have myself an redneck unfiltered AP. So I can charge people to use it, and change the password each day. lol

Then don't use Youtube at school? I can only think of a few practical uses where Youtube would be useful in a school environment (mind you, I go to a school where YouTube is actively unblocked.) Any other time, it'll be hosted on a site that doesn't have every kind of videos, eg National Geographic's site.

Not encrypted; even riskier.

Edit: also, any good IT department (or even half decent) will use Chrome and registry settings to prevent modification to Chrome's proxy settings.

Well it won't matter if its encrypted or not as long as he's not trying to do something illegal. Plus not all IT departments prevent proxying because they don't think students will do it.

Well it won't matter if its encrypted or not as long as he's not trying to do something illegal. Plus not all IT departments prevent proxying because they don't think students will do it.

Then they shouldn't be working in IT -- especially security. And it does matter if it's encrypted if, you know, you don't want to get caught.

Then they shouldn't be working in IT -- especially security. And it does matter if it's encrypted if, you know, you don't want to get caught.

Lol

I discovered our school's admin accounts by using an exploit I discovered on our network setup where I could get the username of ANYONE, including hidden unused admin accounts. And the default password was password. So thats a thing.

So everything is blocked,

How do I bypass all that?

Vpns and such don't work

Read most of the comments, replying in regards to the category blocking and educational content. Most modern good firewalls/proxy's can allow access youtube for education only (Youtube EDU). This is very useful as there are tons of good content on their and anything flagged as educational content you can watch while the rest of youtube is still blocked. My advice would be to ask if the school can do this.

Walk into the IT department get on the admin's computer if he is out for lunch set turn off the firewall/blocking stuff

seriously, school's for work play your entertainment at home

Walk into the IT department get on the admin's computer if he is out for lunch set turn off the firewall/blocking stuff

seriously, school's for work play your entertainment at home

I have permission to use a VPN here xD

I have all online classes and listening to pandora really helps