6700 Skylake Vs. AMD 8350 or 9590

BTW, what is the system being used for? I hope it's heavy rendering / graphics / video work with 32GB ram.. cos otherwise thats just plain silly.

Gaming, some autocad , Excel, word, Browser, other mic programs for estimating.  No just got 16 gig and was suprised got some Kingstone to OC to 2400 with a 1 click was nice. My old Formula V took me forever to OC.

Whats your current rig?

If you want I'll spec you something amaze-balls for your usage / budget...

oh geez i think it is an amd quad core 4130, 8 gigs of ram, raedon r7 200 series card

That's cute. Very cute.

Also, your chip does run hot, it runs hot as fucking shit, seeing as you're actively pumping about 270w out of it if you've got it overclocked to 5.4

Okay expert with my 2 Triple rads and dual reservoirs a lot of water to heat up! But your the expert on my systems number I guess. Like I said I had/have all 4 chips I know how hot the are and I don't care about an extra 100 watts I have money.

oh geez i think it is an amd quad core 4130, 8 gigs of ram, raedon r7 200 series card

You could probably use a 8350 without motherboard changing but I love the M.2 best performance gain in last 4 years if you ask me then any CPU to CPU to CPU

Well If I ha a no-limit budget.. I'd get something like a 6700k, 16GB ram, an NVME SSD, a 1TB ssd for scratch disk / games Plus probably 24TB HDD's mirrored in raid for redundancy.

I'd stick to air coolers unless your getting a really good custom loop built.. Just don't find AIO's worth it, though for GPU it can make more sense... dumping heat outside the case and quiet and so on...

All depends what you need want and want to spend... And how you want to use it... If you want to game, stream and have a render going in the background, go x99.. If your not being silly stick to skylake..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Okay expert with my 2 Triple rads and dual reservoirs a lot of water to heat up! But your the expert on my systems number I guess. Like I said I had/have all 4 chips I know how hot the are and I don't care about an extra 100 watts I have money.

Extra 200w. The 9590 outputs 220w of heat at STOCK. You've got it overclocked another .7ghz, allowing me to reasonably believe you've pumped its ass full of volts to get it there, in which case 275w of heat is actually a conservative estimate. You obviously don't know how hot they are if you think a 6700 and 9590 have the same heat output. 6700k=91w TDP. 9590 = 220w TDP. Your chip = approx 275-300w TDP. Litteraly TRIPLE THE HEAT. Please, remove your custom loop and put even a large tower heatsink, probably even a 240mm AIO and you will likely see your system throttle to hell. On top of all of this, not everyone has the money to pump into their electricity bill, especially where electricity isn't very cheap.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

On top of my second reply correcting you on power, your chip also performs like an i3 in Gaming, and like an i5 in multithreaded application, for ass loads of heat and power. It just get destroyed by even a pentium in single core, and gets absolutely smashed by any Xeon E3 (same price as your 9590, but with cheaper mobos) or I7 in both single core AND multi core.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

On top of my second reply correcting you on power, your chip also performs like an i3 in Gaming, and like an i5 in multithreaded application, for ass loads of heat and power. It just get destroyed by even a pentium in single core, and gets absolutely smashed by any Xeon E3 (same price as your 9590, but with cheaper mobos) or I7 in both single core AND multi core.

You choose to read what you want my 9590 for the price does everything I want and need I don't care what Intel's can do above what I need the price for there MB, CPU and even new memory for the extra 1% performance gain is not worth it for me and if you factor in again when you upgrade in a year you need new CPU and MB everytime vs AMD it's not worth it. When Zen comes out I will probably get it and keep it for 3 to 4 years maybe drop in a new Zen Chip after 2 years. I wont get Intel again with there 10% gain from CPU to CPU and new motherboards. That does not mean I don't think Intel makes a nice product.

Extra 200w. The 9590 outputs 220w of heat at STOCK. You've got it overclocked another .7ghz, allowing me to reasonably believe you've pumped its ass full of volts to get it there, in which case 275w of heat is actually a conservative estimate. You obviously don't know how hot they are if you think a 6700 and 9590 have the same heat output. 6700k=91w TDP. 9590 = 220w TDP. Your chip = approx 275-300w TDP. Litteraly TRIPLE THE HEAT. Please, remove your custom loop and put even a large tower heatsink, probably even a 240mm AIO and you will likely see your system throttle to hell. On top of all of this, not everyone has the money to pump into their electricity bill, especially where electricity isn't very cheap.

Why would I remove it? I used it on both AMD and Intel chips. lol dude relax I have zero bills and great cash flow let me worry about it. Go call Nvidia and tell them to stop allowing overclocking by 40% on there GPUs raise the energy bill.

Why would I remove it? I used it on both AMD and Intel chips. lol dude relax I have zero bills and great cash flow let me worry about it. Go call Nvidia and tell them to stop allowing overclocking by 40% on there GPUs raise the energy bill.

The second half of this is just fucking moronic.

You choose to read what you want my 9590 for the price does everything I want and need I don't care what Intel's can do above what I need the price for there MB, CPU and even new memory for the extra 1% performance gain is not worth it for me and if you factor in again when you upgrade in a year you need new CPU and MB everytime vs AMD it's not worth it. When Zen comes out I will probably get it and keep it for 3 to 4 years maybe drop in a new Zen Chip after 2 years. I wont get Intel again with there 10% gain from CPU to CPU and new motherboards. That does not mean I don't think Intel makes a nice product.

1) its far more than 1% improvement going to Intel.

2) Nobody upgrades in 1yr (unless you have some weird, new tech fetish).

3) you won't need to upgrade in a year. I have a 4790k and I won't need to upgrade in about 5-6yrs.

4) the only reason Intel has only made 10% gains from Sandy to ivy to haswell to skylake is because AMD hasn't been doing jack shit, so Intel really hasn't needed to do anything.

5) You know how Intel's manufacturing process works, right? (Obviously not) Tic toc. Skylake is 14nm, kaby lake is going to be on the same socket, same mobos, but better performance, whatever comes after that will be a new socket, the following CPUs will be on that socket, with even better performance, same mobos, etc.

Spoiler

okay so i posted on here earlier about a graphics card but now im inquiring about parts companies.

AMD vs INTEL

ive been looking to build my own pc for a long time.

now like any consumer i have questions. looking into intel its extremely expensive, is it worth the cost been considering 6700 skylake cpu and higher end mobo?

now on the cheap side AMD im looking into the 8350 or 9590 black edition, both systems i planned to liquid cool.

gonna have 32 gigs of ram

980 ti

ssd with regular HDD for storage

i need the pros and cons between the two choices.

and ultimately i need to know if its worth the extra 250+ dollars to go the intel route.

thanks for the help 

Keep in mind if you use the 9590 you will need some type of water coolin.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181090

The FX 8350 you can over clock moderately without one but I like water cooling option even if not overclocking keeps electronics cooler is better for longevity.

The second half of this is just fucking moronic.

1) its far more than 1% improvement going to Intel.

2) Nobody upgrades in 1yr (unless you have some weird, new tech fetish).

3) you won't need to upgrade in a year. I have a 4790k and I won't need to upgrade in about 5-6yrs.

4) the only reason Intel has only made 10% gains from Sandy to ivy to haswell to skylake is because AMD hasn't been doing jack shit, so Intel really hasn't needed to do anything.

5) You know how Intel's manufacturing process works, right? (Obviously not) Tic toc. Skylake is 14nm, kaby lake is going to be on the same socket, same mobos, but better performance, whatever comes after that will be a new socket, the following CPUs will be on that socket, with even better performance, same mobos, etc.

You're right my whole point going back to my first post all the CPUs going back 4 to 5 years will running all current software home users. Point is all the bars and charts show is the fastest above what's needed and that costs money. You just hate AMD so you bash them.

9590 far superior.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

1:

You're right my whole point going back to my first post all the CPUs going back 4 to 5 years will running all current software home users.

2:

Point is all the bars and charts show is the fastest above what's needed and that costs money.

3:

You just hate AMD so you bash them.

1) What in the name of Bill Gates does this sentence even mean?

2) *falls off chair laughing at you*

3) You just use this as a copout when you have no argument.

Edit:

3b) AMD Hater. *looks at GPU in my rig* ok.

Changed my member title just for you, fam.

Spoiler

Gaming, some autocad , Excel, word, Browser, other mic programs for estimating.  No just got 16 gig and was suprised got some Kingstone to OC to 2400 with a 1 click was nice. My old Formula V took me forever to OC.

Okay, I am going to need some evidence from you now. Your thermal story is already far-fetched, but to say you are also using 16GB of 2400mhz ram on top of all of that? That is where i draw the line. I don't care how many rads or reservoirs you throw in your loop, diminishing returns still applies. You are claiming you took a 4.7ghz 220w chip, overclocked it to 5.4ghz, AND are using 2400mhz memory on top of that? You understand overclocked memory is going to add even more heat to the equation, right? You also understand that overclocked memory can also impact the stability of your CPU clock, making that 5.4ghz overclock less believable.

Start showing some screenshots friend. Otherwise, do not make these claims.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Okay, I am going to need some evidence from you now. Your thermal story is already far-fetched, but to say you are also using 16GB of 2400mhz ram on top of all of that? That is where i draw the line. I don't care how many rads or reservoirs you throw in your loop, diminishing returns still applies. You are claiming you took a 4.7ghz 220w chip, overclocked it to 5.4ghz, AND are using 2400mhz memory on top of that? You understand overclocked memory is going to add even more heat to the equation, right? You also understand that overclocked memory can also impact the stability of your CPU clock, making that 5.4ghz overclock less believable.

Start showing some screenshots friend. Otherwise, do not make these claims.

Shrug I hit profile 1 and it set it up suprised myself never could get my ASUS to overclock memory well. One correction the memory are 2400 the actual OC profile one gave me was 2133 and yes my system is stable tried to get 5.5 but crashed on booting to windows so I set it back to 5.4. Believe what you want. Even more crazy I took my m.2 straight out of my skylake and put it in my new Gigabyte and windows actually reconfigure it all and booted up. Had to remove some of the old Asrock drivers for intel and such then load new ones but windows got it back up without reinstalling.

Sigh I won't leak all the Intel problems here because they have none. From there HD graphics drivers that crash 2/7 to skylake compute errors. Intel/AMD both make processors that perform well in the home. To each there own. I am sure I can go find Intel hater videos and post links here to. Better yet why did Intel pay AMD over a billion dollars? oh ya for collusion with benchmark groups to cook the numbers on performance vs AMD.

Sigh I won't leak all the Intel problems here because they have none. From there HD graphics drivers that crash 2/7 to skylake compute errors. Intel/AMD both make processors that perform well in the home. To each there own. I am sure I can go find Intel hater videos and post links here to. Better yet why did Intel pay AMD over a billion dollars? oh ya for collusion with benchmark groups to cook the numbers on performance vs AMD.

Skylake compute errors? You mean that AVX issue that has been fixed already? If you want to list erratas, at least know what you are talking about. You could easily just say TSX is still not working, or the issue involving PCIE subdomain on skylake causing issues when it tries to hibernate, or basically just link the entire Skylake Errata webpage from Intel themselves. 

I don't have a problem with people saying AMD is fine for home use. I have a problem with people making absurd claims about their OC's without backing them up, and then going on to say "Theres not much of a difference at all between AMD and Intel". There is. If there wasn't, AMD wouldn't have apologized for the terrible FX IPC, and they surely wouldn't be advertising it as Zen's #1 selling point.

okay so i posted on here earlier about a graphics card but now im inquiring about parts companies.

AMD vs INTEL

ive been looking to build my own pc for a long time.

now like any consumer i have questions. looking into intel its extremely expensive, is it worth the cost been considering 6700 skylake cpu and higher end mobo?

now on the cheap side AMD im looking into the 8350 or 9590 black edition, both systems i planned to liquid cool.

gonna have 32 gigs of ram

980 ti

ssd with regular HDD for storage

i need the pros and cons between the two choices.

and ultimately i need to know if its worth the extra 250+ dollars to go the intel route.

thanks for the help 

The intel CPU will be much stronger than the 8350 but if you're just gaming and doing nothing else then an i5 would be better use of your money as you probably won't use most of the i7.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

HD graphics crashing 24/7?

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit.

I've used it for five months straight and the only crashed were caused by me overclocking.

The skylake bug that you're talking about, the one that involves mersenne prime calculations is already fixed.

Why would AMD let Intel pay them to make Intel look better? Wtf. That makes ZERO fucking sense. Take your bullshit, and get out.

Spoiler

HD graphics crashing 24/7?

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit.

I've used it for five months straight and the only crashed were caused by me overclocking.

The skylake bug that you're talking about, the one that involves mersenne prime calculations is already fixed.

Why would AMD let Intel pay them to make Intel look better? Wtf. That makes ZERO fucking sense. Take your bullshit, and get out.

It wasn't just Mersenne prime calculations. It was anything that used AVX2, including Linpack and GROMACS folding. It's why Intel rushed to fix it. Prme95 was the first to discover it due to the nature of the program, and how often it is used. 

I've checked every motherboard manufacturer, and it appears they have all released a BIOS update within the past week or two to address the issue, and the bug itself is listed as patched on the errata list. 

I only read your title. Forgive me. 

intel processors are generally way better than AMD. AMD cpus use more smaller cores, where intel uses less stronger cores. Amd currently doesn't have a product line which is competitive with core i7s. They are releasing the Zen core soon, which will change that. Heres a bit of info you might find useful: AMD cpus are fine for gaming. You dont need an i7 unless you're editing video or doing something actually intensive. My 8370 runs GTA V very high at 60 frames. Don't spend too much on a CPU for gaming. Truly. Just make sure it has at least 4 cores from intel or 6 from AMD. 

I really want to build an oil-immersed PC  ^_^

Ok i read your article. Get the i7. With a 980ti any amd chip will indefinitely be a bottle neck. You're gonna want DDR4 ram too, and NOT 32 GIGABYTES OMFG HAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry but that was an uneducated decision. The reason you see linus's builds with 128GB of ram is because he does rediculous things with them like running 7 virtual PCs. I have 16Gb, and I have an excessive problem with just minimizing windows. I also use google chrome, which is a ram eater. I have never in my life used more than 70% of my total ram capacity with GTA V and a bunch of things in the background. Don't be dumb and save ur money on that expensive DDR4 ram. 

I really want to build an oil-immersed PC  ^_^

Do you Remember, what Germany did to Brazil 2014?

Yes, exactly, that 7 goals game...

Thats, what a 65w TDP intel Core i5 6600 does with an FX 9590 4.7 ghz, and 220 tdp. Not to mention the i7.

Everything AMD has right now is just a big Joke, compared to Skylake. Yes, the difference IS that big.  There is no need for discussion about that, if you're not a Fanboy, and dont have a Low budget, its Intel all the Way right now.

Edit: I really believe, that Every AMD CPU right now (even the 5 ghz 9590) will bottleneck a GTX 980 ti.

Not that much, that its not palyable, but enough, that there WILL Be a noticable difference with a Skylake i7.