CPU-Z blank SPD info

Tried reinstalling Windows, remove and replacing the RAM sticks, removing and replacing the CPU, but it's still this. Even tried to update the BIOS. This happened after I overclocked my new Q9550, and updated my BIOS. I'm not sure which of the two caused it. But right now, the CPU is running at stock, everything is at stock. I also remember hitting the mobo with my screwdriver because it slipped from the screw and dinked the surface of the mobo. But there was no visible damage and I think it is unlikely that it was the cause of it.

post-287910-0-49185500-1453979693.png

do you experience any problems at all?

stability issues?

just don't stress about it

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Well maybe you are not using this 2 slots

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Well maybe you are not using this 2 slots

I am, the mobo only has two slots

do you experience any problems at all?

stability issues?

just don't stress about it

Nope. It's just weird that something like this happened all of a sudden.

Nope. It's just weird that something like this happened all of a sudden.

then just forget it, that softwarre just doesn't recognize it

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Yes

I had the same issue with the Lynnfield Xeon workstation at my work.

I still haven't work out what was wrong. I think it is just a bug with CPU-Z.

then just forget it, that softwarre just doesn't recognize it

Before overclocking or whatever the hell I did, it did recognize it.

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2016 at 7:14 PM, djdelarosa25 said:

Tried reinstalling Windows, remove and replacing the RAM sticks, removing and replacing the CPU, but it's still this. Even tried to update the BIOS. This happened after I overclocked my new Q9550, and updated my BIOS. I'm not sure which of the two caused it. But right now, the CPU is running at stock, everything is at stock. I also remember hitting the mobo with my screwdriver because it slipped from the screw and dinked the surface of the mobo. But there was no visible damage and I think it is unlikely that it was the cause of it.

post-287910-0-49185500-1453979693.png

It happened to me after I updated the program to the latest version (1.80.0 as today). Because I use the SETUP version, I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Not sure if one can encounter this bug if using the portable (ZIP) version.

• 4 weeks later...

After more tests it seems like a bug in CPU-Z. When it doesn't show the first time from a fresh system start, a reboot will make it appear, regardless of having OC or no. Another reason to believe it is a bug is after running other system monitor programs such as HWiNFO or benchmark programs like 3DMark that scan system hardware, once blanked SPD info will appear without needing a reboot, just need to reopen CPU-Z.