Airsoft Sniper Rifle Issues

TubsAlwaysWins

Ok so i have a UTG Type 96 and i have 2 magazines for it. One of them ejects perfectly and the other comes out like 1/2 CM and gets stuck. The only way to get it out is to pry it out with a knife. How do i fix it (so it pops out perfectly)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

maybe file down the plastic on the one that gets stuck with sandpaper. Idk, i'm not into airsoft, but that seems like it would work

I tried it and it only goes out like another .2CM

Is it a new mag? Sometimes it just takes some..play...to get them to drop freely.

Is it a new mag? Sometimes it just takes some..play...to get them to drop freely.

No its an older one. I bought it from a friend (the gun with the mags)

If there's enough material in the receiver, you can try sanding down the part that's sticking there. Since it's an airsoft, you won't have to really worry about the same amount of shock/recoil and weakening of the receiver as if it was a real gun. I would NOT recommend this for an actual firearm. Aside from that, there's not much you can do.

If there's enough material in the receiver, you can try sanding down the part that's sticking there. Since it's an airsoft, you won't have to really worry about the same amount of shock/recoil and weakening of the receiver as if it was a real gun. I would NOT recommend this for an actual firearm. Aside from that, there's not much you can do.

I actually had to do something slightly similar with a firearm. I had to make a custom "stop" for an extended magazine on my XDM .40 cal pistol. The 20 rnd. clip would go too far into the gun and cause the slide to not come forward. Used some JP weld to make the stop, worked like a charm.

I also had to sand and file the hell out of my after market Mosin Nagant stock to get the actual barrel-bolt-clip assembly to fit into the stock. Not an issue there since you can fire a Mosin without a stock (if you hate your hands that is).

Still, you're right on the money. OP needs to sand and or file the mag well and or mag, to get a better fit.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/42-maruzen-rifles/5513-magazines-getting-stuck.html

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I also had to sand and file the hell out of my after market Mosin Nagant stock to get the actual barrel-bolt-clip assembly to fit into the stock. Not an issue there since you can fire a Mosin without a stock (if you hate your hands that is).

Still, you're right on the money. OP needs to sand and or file the mag well and or mag, to get a better fit.

did you get that Archangel Mosin Nagant stock that lets it take magazines? also having boiled enough cosmoline off a nagant I think I will keep a stock on it lol.

As for sanding the gun I would not recommend that unless he can identify what is the problem. I would rather destroy the mag then the gun if you dont know what the real problem is.

did you get that Archangel Mosin Nagant stock that lets it take magazines? also having boiled enough cosmoline off a nagant I think I will keep a stock on it lol.

As for sanding the gun I would not recommend that unless he can identify what is the problem. I would rather destroy the mag then the gun if you dont know what the real problem is.

Im sanding the mag for now

It was the simple and cheap "monte carlo" stock.

As for sanding and or filing, that's why you use something with a high grit, and sand in small increments. Sand for a bit, then test, if it doesn't fit, sand a bit more, and repeat until it fits right.

I had to to that on the monte carlo stock because the well for the magazine was so tight, it was preventing the rounds from moving upwards, and when I would go to cycle a round, the bolt wouldn't catch a round and load it.

I ended up butchering that mosin. Tried to move the rear sight mount to put a scope on it, failed to the point that I'm just going to buy a new one. More to justify all the 7.62x54 ammo I have sitting around than anything. Got a nice Savage model 10, short, threaded, floated bull barrel with an accu trigger, oversized bolt knob, and a 6-18x50 bushnell scope that I got a KILLER deal on (less than $150 because it lacked rings, and had a scratch on it)

Im sanding the mag for now

Maybe take some pictures and upload them for us. A second set of eyes can be helpful some times.

maybe file down the plastic on the one that gets stuck with sandpaper. Idk, i'm not into airsoft, but that seems like it would work

I actually had to do something slightly similar with a firearm. I had to make a custom "stop" for an extended magazine on my XDM .40 cal pistol. The 20 rnd. clip would go too far into the gun and cause the slide to not come forward. Used some JP weld to make the stop, worked like a charm.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/42-maruzen-rifles/5513-magazines-getting-stuck.html

also, graphite lubricant may help it slide

on a different note, linus tech tips

the tech forum that can fix your sniper rifle, and fix your bike

Got it. Lots of sanding on the back of the mag and some on the inside of the magwell

As for sanding and or filing, that's why you use something with a high grit, and sand in small increments. Sand for a bit, then test, if it doesn't fit, sand a bit more, and repeat until it fits right.

I had to to that on the monte carlo stock because the well for the magazine was so tight, it was preventing the rounds from moving upwards, and when I would go to cycle a round, the bolt wouldn't catch a round and load it.

I ended up butchering that mosin. Tried to move the rear sight mount to put a scope on it, failed to the point that I'm just going to buy a new one. More to justify all the 7.62x54 ammo I have sitting around than anything. Got a nice Savage model 10, short, threaded, floated bull barrel with an accu trigger, oversized bolt knob, and a 6-18x50 bushnell scope that I got a KILLER deal on (less than $150 because it lacked rings, and had a scratch on it)

Maybe take some pictures and upload them for us. A second set of eyes can be helpful some times.

525c945af74ffc360e79ca56f393e7b8.jpg

Mag on the right is a good one and the one on the left is the sanded one

Yewww. Mosin owners club! No plans on replacing my stock. It's actually in really nice shape and it's quite accurate. If it ain't broke...

On topic: Just take your time. Start with the mags. Have you researched anything about the magazines? It could be a common problem. Though the solution will probably just be the same...

-snip-

Hard to tell because of blurry cam, but it looks like the indent on the left mag is different than the one on the right. I'm guessing that's the mag release/catch on the inside of the receiver. If it's a different shape/cut than the good one, that's where you're going to want to focus your attention.

Hard to tell because of blurry cam, but it looks like the indent on the left mag is different than the one on the right. I'm guessing that's the mag release/catch on the inside of the receiver. If it's a different shape/cut than the good one, that's where you're going to want to focus your attention.

Its the same. The one on the left is a little bent, but it doesn't make a difference

Its the same. The one on the left is a little bent, but it doesn't make a difference

Look inside the receiver and see if that's where the magazine catch is. If it is, the bend is probably the problem. It may be getting hung up on the latch inside the receiver, thus why it won't come out all the way.

oh I have nothing against fucking with guns just need to know what the problem is be for you fuck with the expensive parts I always am more willing to fuck with the cheaper parts lol.

Meh cant you still get negants for $100 at big 5 on sale or have the prices gone up? They are decent guns for the price. I have thought about picking up one to sporterize but I think I would rather try and get a mauser action instead

Yewww. Mosin owners club! No plans on replacing my stock. It's actually in really nice shape and it's quite accurate. If it ain't broke...

On topic: Just take your time. Start with the mags. Have you researched anything about the magazines? It could be a common problem. Though the solution will probably just be the same...

Yeah, I need to get a new on and leave it stock. Maybe sand the crap out of it just for a nicer finish. I was trying to "sporterize" mine because it was the only thing I had to hunt with. The original stocks actually do make good firewood though.

Now I just want one for plinking. .308 is too expensive for that.

-snip

Can you take something less blurry? Or have I just had that much whiskey tonight(which is entirely possible)?

oh I have nothing against fucking with guns just need to know what the problem is be for you fuck with the expensive parts I always am more willing to fuck with the cheaper parts lol.

Meh cant you still get negants for $100 at big 5 on sale or have the prices gone up? They are decent guns for the price. I have thought about picking up one to sporterize but I think I would rather try and get a mauser action instead

The prices have gone up to ridiculous amounts. Last time I was at a gun show, one of the vendors was trying to charge a young guy $200 for the 91-30 (the cheapest of them all model). I told the kid not to pay more than $150 for it, and even then only if it was in amazing condition.

$200+ is only for the short, carbine versions, and only if it's an authentic Russian gun. Not the Chinese variant.

Yeah, I need to get a new on and leave it stock. Maybe sand the crap out of it just for a nicer finish. I was trying to "sporterize" mine because it was the only thing I had to hunt with. The original stocks actually do make good firewood though.

Can you take something less blurry? Or have I just had that much whiskey tonight(which is entirely possible)?

The prices have gone up to ridiculous amounts. Last time I was at a gun show, one of the vendors was trying to charge a young guy $200 for the 91-30 (the cheapest of them all model). I told the kid not to pay more than $150 for it, and even then only if it was in amazing condition.

I would go for a less bury picture, but no optical Image stabalization

Now I just want one for plinking. .308 is too expensive for that.

$200+ is only for the short, carbine versions, and only if it's an authentic Russian gun. Not the Chinese variant.

49e622e795e6db760dc8999460ac5c9b.jpg

-snip

They look the same to me other than all the "damage" done from sanding. Has the original mag ever stuck at all? Even the littlest bit?

Also, you need a higher grit sand paper. You need something fine for this kind of work.

(no offense meant by the word "damage". Sanding is basically damage, and I can't remember the correct term)

They look the same to me other than all the "damage" done from sanding. Has the original mag ever stuck at all? Even the littlest bit?

Also, you need a higher grit sand paper. You need something fine for this kind of work.

1. They came together with the gun

2.  Im using a file because reasons... (IT WORKS OK)

1. They came together with the gun

2.  Im using a file because reasons... (IT WORKS OK)

A file is okay, you just need something with a finer grit. Rough grit is for removing a lot of material quickly, which works, but it can cause things to snag because of all the burrs it leaves behind.

They both came with the gun? That's.....weird. If you have something like a micrometer or some calipers (simple wood working calipers would suffice. I assume you have those because you have a rough file, meaning someone in the house or family is doing some wood work), try measuring them both all around to make sure they are the same dimensions, at least down to a millimeter.

That's all I can think of. My knowledge is mainly based on actual guns, and working with metal, wood, and plastics (plastics to a lesser extent). I don't know all that much about airsoft rifles. Although I would think the same things apply when it comes to fitting things together.

Still, get some high grit sandpaper (at least 200 from what I can see) and do some finish work. With a grit that rough you might be making the problem worse.

A file is okay, you just need something with a finer grit. Rough grit is for removing a lot of material quickly, which works, but it can cause things to snag because of all the burrs it leaves behind.

They both came with the gun? That's.....weird. If you have something like a micrometer or some calipers (simple wood working calipers would suffice. I assume you have those because you have a rough file, meaning someone in the house or family is doing some wood work), try measuring them both all around to make sure they are the same dimensions, at least down to a millimeter.

That's all I can think of. My knowledge is mainly based on actual guns, and working with metal, wood, and plastics (plastics to a lesser extent). I don't know all that much about airsoft rifles. Although I would think the same things apply when it comes to fitting things together.

Still, get some high grit sandpaper (at least 200 from what I can see) and do some finish work. With a grit that rough you might be making the problem worse.

Well it works now so im happy

Well it works now so im happy

Oh well that's good. Function > form unless you plan on selling it lol. (I view guns as an investment. Don't do anything to them that would lower the price. I only butchered my mosin because I never planned on selling it.)