Project Frost Dragon

OddsCrazyStuff
5 hours ago, hearthofsin said:

okay yeah that makes sense. well isn't it still able to fit then? i hope so the idea is fuckn sick :)

I might be just able to do it, in this case. But I think I need to change the case anyway, as it flexes in some places (like motherboard tray).

Something like the Caselabs SM8 (http://www.caselabs-store.com/merlin-sm8-case/), might be a better choice.

The SM8 is not that much bigger (284mm x 568mm x 570mm vs 750d's 560mm x 235mm x 546mm), but its much more solid. Meaning I can mod it more without worrying. Not that I might need to, as the entire front of it is 5.25 bays, so might be just able to mount the glass and reservoirs.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

43 minutes ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

I might be just able to do it, in this case. But I think I need to change the case anyway, as it flexes in some places (like motherboard tray).

Something like the Caselabs SM8 (http://www.caselabs-store.com/merlin-sm8-case/), might be a better choice.

The SM8 is not that much bigger (284mm x 568mm x 570mm vs 750d's 560mm x 235mm x 546mm), but its much more solid. Meaning I can mod it more without worrying. Not that I might need to, as the entire front of it is 5.25 bays, so might be just able to mount the glass and reservoirs.

i totally understand. also caselabs is freaking awesome.
a shame it is flexy i would expect otherwise from corsair 

It might not be the cleanest runs, but between what was in the way and the tubing, so is this what i ended up with.

The cable management is dont that great ether, but with a lot of too long cables that needed to go almost to the same place, so is there a limit to what you can do.

I'm not happy with the solutions I had to go with, like fan cables out of the front and USB+RBG controller corner behind the pump. But as a setup so will it work till I can afford a Caselabs case, in a few months time.

Will do leak testing and such tomorrow, so final pics should come Sunday.

It will also be interesting to see how a 1080mm rad performs with my setup.

P1020245.thumb.JPG.ae41cb0d6edf32dddfddeP1020259.thumb.JPG.096f9fb4bd550502ffe9dP1020250.thumb.JPG.e32788522d52a42420133P1020254.thumb.JPG.7d51a32cb7cd1a880af74P1020244.thumb.JPG.81724a726188cfe4aed22

The cleaning solution is still running its course, but I just wanted to say this:

I havent had a single leak with this setup.

When I had the Primochill hard line setup, so did I have leaks (bad bends and bad parts design). Same with just EK barbs and zip ties (the tube twisted the fittings out of position). So guess going with the correct parts is needed to get a leak free setup.

Not to mention the time save of going soft tubing vs hard tubing. Took me just a few hours to do soft tubing, while the hard tubing took almost a week.

The case is done for now.

As this case dont seem strong enough, so would I need a new case  (ether a Parvum or a Caselabs) before I start my modding.

I will also need to rethink the external radiator setup, as there is way too much cables atm (need a cable gate or something like that).

P1020270.thumb.JPG.ba19810a157dcffe505beP1020271.thumb.JPG.f4f2a7b81941fdd18994aP1020274.thumb.JPG.d5fd166f6c8011f913afcP1020263.thumb.JPG.26fc47676e45f6ae745ff

• 4 weeks later...

Like...wooahh...dude :) major salutations to you & your rockin' setup @OddsCrazyStuff are they all the 1440p 144hz monitors from ASUS? I forgot the product name but it's definitely drool worthy

so-beautiful.gif

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

9 hours ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

I finally have my multi-monitor setup. Now I just need to make sure the PC can keep up.P1020280.thumb.JPG.c27ecb815a986e2d8eb3f

That's a lot of monitors :D nice build tho, the tubing job is lovely

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

3 hours ago, wng_kingsley7 said:

Like...wooahh...dude :) major salutations to you & your rockin' setup @OddsCrazyStuff are they all the 1440p 144hz monitors from ASUS? I forgot the product name but it's definitely drool worthy

so-beautiful.gif

The outer 2 are PG278Q 1440p 144hz TN and the middle 3 is PG279Q 1440p 144/165hz IPS.

So I can set it up in ether 7200x2560 or 4320x2560 (16:9), depending on how the games like widescreen or not.

3 hours ago, Trav_X said:

That's a lot of monitors :D nice build tho, the tubing job is lovely

Thanks.

How is your alphacool reservoir holding up? I've got the same one on the d5 bottom but I get leaking out the top (the large fill port) when I run the computer. Not sure if it's a faulty unit or O-ring maybe..

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

5 hours ago, amvoith said:

How is your alphacool reservoir holding up? I've got the same one on the d5 bottom but I get leaking out the top (the large fill port) when I run the computer. Not sure if it's a faulty unit or O-ring maybe..

Its holding up fine. You sure its just not that you overfilled the reservoir and thats what you are seeing (the top takes a little of the space in the reservoir)?

Also, as long as the pump is running, so should you not get leaks on top of the reservoir. If it happens when the PC is off, then you still got air trapped somewhere, that forced the liquid to overflow the reservoir.

4 hours ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

Its holding up fine. You sure its just not that you overfilled the reservoir and thats what you are seeing (the top takes a little of the space in the reservoir)?

Also, as long as the pump is running, so should you not get leaks on top of the reservoir. If it happens when the PC is off, then you still got air trapped somewhere, that forced the liquid to overflow the reservoir.

No it's for sure not overfilled, it's actually only half filled at the moment. When I hand turn the top plug on though the o ring isn't making contact with the res though so I'm guessing the thread on either the res or the plug is defective. 

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

Daym what else do u do what was the total cost of the build?

CPU: i7 3770 3.40Ghz 3.90Ghz II  Motherboard: Gigabyte II Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition II Case: CM Storm Enforcer II

Storage: Intel 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB SSHD II PSU: Thermal Take 700w II

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.  ~Joker

16 hours ago, Ace0100 said:

Daym what else do u do what was the total cost of the build?

I have lost track, since I have changed parts here and there over the last 1,5 years.