A LOT of "Request timed out'

PampaZiya

Hello, so my friend has a lot of problem with his internet connection. He is using a router and connecting the PC through an ethernet cable. Whenever he's play league, he gets a lot of "Request timed out"

Also when pinging www.google.com, I tried it with him, I ran it for 8 mins and got over 500 pings without even 1 "Request timed out'.. for him it's like 1 every 5 or 10 pings ... 

What may be the problem? he contacted his ISP and they said the problem is from his side.

This happens on every computer he has.

The router may be defect? Or is there something to change in the router settings? He says it happens more when more people are connected to the router.

His internet speed is 2mbps down /1mbs up (Just like me)

We have different ISPs but they both originate from the same Ogero company.

He tried QoS but it didn't help.

Thank you so much !

hard ware, as is the router is a piece of hardware

Oh lol didn't think abt it being a short for hardware, thanks :)

Hello, so my friend has a lot of problem with his internet connection. He is using a router and connecting the PC through an ethernet cable. Whenever he's play league, he gets a lot of "Request timed out"

Also when pinging www.google.com, I tried it with him, I ran it for 8 mins and got over 500 pings without even 1 "Request timed out'.. for him it's like 1 every 5 or 10 pings ... 

What may be the problem? he contacted his ISP and they said the problem is from his side.

This happens on every computer he has.

The router may be defect? Or is there something to change in the router settings? He says it happens more when more people are connected to the router.

His internet speed is 2mbps down /1mbs up (Just like me)

We have different ISPs but they both originate from the same Ogero company.

He tried QoS but it didn't help.

Thank you so much !

Try different ethernet cables, try different ports on the router, check if there's any new drivers for his network adapter. If the problem still persists, try with a router that's 100% guaranteed to work properly.

Quote me in replies so I see them.