Ima build a pc.. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

Brophanity

So I got a ASUS z170 premium MOBO and Ima get a i7 6700k unlocked CPU as well as a Titan X, not sure if I should get the hybrid as Id hate to have the water pump die and my thing is destroyed but they do stay way cooler & run faster that way but anyways I'm gonna try to get 64GB of Triton Z 3400 MHz 4x16 DDR4 and I got a Noctua (SURPRISE!!!) NH-D15 CPU cooler and I guess I need some SSD's and a Hard Disk Drive & I was thinking an NZXT Phantom 820 in black with green lights on... So my real question is what platinum or Titanium or whatever grade EVGA or Cooler Master or what ever PSU would be appropriate? (I may try to do SLI Titan x's & a little overclocking in the future) 850? 1200?? 249er??? LINUS I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!! Please spread some of your wisdom on me! Thanks!! I love your youtube channel, KEEP INFORMING US ABOUT THE LATEST & GREATEST!!!

I cant tell if this is legit or not

if it is, man you need to see what a proper build looks like 

Titan X. Bad decision. 980 Ti

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Titan X. Bad decision. 980 Ti

just get a gtx 980 ti

Titan = Good for rendering, shit for gaming

GTX 980 TI = Good for rendering, good for gaming.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

I'm with everyone here @Brophanity 980 ti is the same performance for less, titan x is for like workstations

The format of your post is disappointing, but I'll give you my 2 cents, I don't think getting a titan x would do you any justice, you're probably going to be using this computer for gaming, as most of the people of this forum do. So probably stepping down to a 980ti would be more cost effective on your end. To answer your question regarding what power supply you should get, I'd recommend getting an EVGA 850 watt G2. It should give you more than enough room for adding another gpu, if you so desire in the future. Please next time, put more thought into the post and format it in a way that is easy to read and understand.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

You 'll need a titan Z. That is mandatory i'm affraid.

Fighting trolz with trolz...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Doesn't appear OP is worried about cost, so I wouldn't bother recommending ways to save money  :D

Get the first platinum 1500w psu you come across and grab 3 more titan x's bruh!

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Titan = Good for rendering, shit for gaming

GTX 980 TI = Good for rendering, good for gaming.

Titan x is still a very good choice for gaming. Nowhere near shit.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I got money lol and I dont think my build is impractical at all. I know you want water pipe lines everywheres but this MOBO was made for overclocking and I dabble in 3d rendering & game devellopment tools like Blender aswell as the fact that they now have 5k and games will only get crazier in the future so a more powerful gpu now cant hurt, plus whats 400 more dollars anyways? I have a job.

And it benchmarks slightly above 980 ti every time lol...

Dude a titan x hybrid will out perform a 980 ti hybrid...

Plus If I'm going to spend 6 or 7 hundred dollars I should spend a thousand on something that can do it all

Plus If I'm going to spend 6 or 7 hundred dollars I should spend a thousand on something that can do it all

An aftermarket 980Ti SLI setup will easily outdo a Titan X Hybrid SLI setup (which only guarantees lower temperatures) with its higher clock speed and overclocking. Not to mention it's less expensive. Have a look at the 980Ti G1 Gaming, Kingpin, Lightning. They'll outperform the Titan X.

As for RAM, it's overkill. 16GB is enough. For cooling, an AIO will allow for better cooling as it can carry more heat away than an air solution, and thus better overclocking.

At this point you only really need a 850W gold rated PSU.

Save a money and get a good monitor(s) if you have cash to burn.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder