My "overkill" HTPC build (name suggestions?)

HrutkayMods

I already bought the parts and they should be in by the end of the week, also it's overkill for what I'll be using it for

Wondering what you guys thought of the parts list, since it's on the way I can't really change it... Maybe the HDD but that's about it. Also I'm trying to come up with a creative name for it for my network, really can't think of one, it usually just comes to me.

I've wanted to build an HTPC since around 2007 and now that I have my own house and a 4K TV, why not now? also since there was a good sale on Newegg why not make a console killer for less than $600 (not counting the parts I already own) at the same time?

Before rebates it has cost me $555, after I think it'll only be $525. Now of course it won't game at 4K, it'll only do 1080p, but it'll be able to stream video at 4k on my TV, that's good enough for me ;)

Parts:

• CPU - i5 4460
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A
  • RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600 with room to go 32GB (because overkill)
  • GPU - PNY XLR8 OC GTX 950 (already owned)
  • Case - SILVERSTONE Grandia GD05 USB 3.0 Aluminum
  • Storage - Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB HDD SATA II (already owned)
  • PSU - EVGA 500W 80 Plus
  • Cooling - stock Intel
  • WiFi -  Intel 7260HMWDTX1 Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
  • Optical - LG UH12NS30 BD-ROM
  • Operating System - Not sure, either dual boot 8.1 Pro with MCE and 10 Pro or one or the other

That's the parts list, cant think of a good name though, my names usually have a theme to them. like my gaming laptop is "HOT_and_HEAVY", because it is. my white MacBook is named "BayMac" (play on words of Bay Max), my old gaming PC is "Z0mbie" because it keeps coming back to life from certain death. My new gaming PC is "Gr1m_Reapr" because it can sure reap and frag plus it has an Intel Extreme Board in it so it had skulls from the factory, and my favorite is my Pentium 4 Extreme Machine that has always done what it wanted to, only allowing me to use it when it wanted me to... "HAL-9000"

So I was wondering if I could get some name help? I might come up with one when it is built, but then again I might not. For instance, my new gaming PC had its name before I bought the board so yeah any suggestions? and how's the parts list? I think it's going to make an awesome HTPC!

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

How is this overkill?

most do i3s or retired older i5s, or even pentiums, and most have less ram and cheaper video cards

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

How is this overkill?

He could play games on this. but is only streaming videos? xD

its like building a gaming PC for youtube

most do i3s or retired older i5s, or even pentiums, and most have less ram and cheaper video cards

And others do it with i7-4765T (that's me), i7-5820/930/960x (saw a few, including in nCase) or even E5-2699v3 (Linus). I've seen watercooled HTPCs, HTPCs with a Titan, 980s aren't even that rare in SFF PCs. 

It's hardly an overkill build. More like "entry-level gaming build" with too much RAM and a micro ATX motherboard nonetheless.

And others do it with i7-4765T (that's me), i7-5820/930/960x (saw a few, including in nCase) or even E5-2699v3 (Linus). I've seen watercooled HTPCs, HTPCs with a Titan, 980s aren't even that rare in SFF PCs. 

It's hardly an overkill build. More like "entry-level gaming build" with too much RAM and a micro ATX motherboard nonetheless.

Its extremly overkill for his purpose, which is to stream videos. Thats like saying building an entry level gaming pc to watch twitch isnt overkill. For this, he could have gone with that 150$ build Paul did a few months ago. But he built an entry-mid gaming pc instead. He is gaming on it, but hes building it primarily for streaming, making it overkill

also I plan on folding on it part time when it's not being used

Most parts (enough to set it up, still will be waiting on an IR adapter and another card) will be in today and I'll be having fun ;)