No sound and other Windows problems

NoctHorn
Go to solution Solved by Webnerdz,

I had the problem with the windows key and search bar not working when i first installed windows 10, I googled it and found a solution, it was a windows powershell command in cmd but i can't remember the website, google it and it might pop up. Hope this helped in some way.

The issue:  Last night I was watching YouTube videos when the playback suddenly stopped and no videos would play.  In an effort to fix this, I restarted the computer.  Upon restarting, I noticed that logging in took a lot longer than usual.  Once logged in, I realized that sound wasn't working at all.  

Additionally, the start button and search bar don't work at all either (a pretty big problem).  Pressing the windows key doesn't do anything by itself.  This means that the only way I can shut down the computer is through the ctrl+alt+del.  Also, some windows related keybinds work but others don't.  win+s doesn't work but win+r does for some reason.  Other than that, the computer is still usable but this needs to be fixed.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

*Tested both audio jacks; neither work

*Tested my headphones on separate device; they work

*Ran a scan of MalwareBytes; no malware detected

I have a suspicion the problem is OS related but would prefer not to reinstall outright.

Other information that may help:

Build specs in my signature

Running Windows 10

Thanks for any help!

Update:  Sound is actually working still but the volume can't be changed.  Other problems mentioned still persist.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Run cmd, try "sfc /scannow" perhaps?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Run cmd, try "sfc /scannow" perhaps?

I am trying but administrator privileges are needed.  The only way I can think of to access the command prompt is through win+r but that doesn't give me administrator privileges.  Are there any commands or flags that I should use?  In other words, how can I reach administrator level from within cmd?

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I had the problem with the windows key and search bar not working when i first installed windows 10, I googled it and found a solution, it was a windows powershell command in cmd but i can't remember the website, google it and it might pop up. Hope this helped in some way.

I am trying but administrator privileges are needed.  The only way I can think of to access the command prompt is through win+r but that doesn't give me administrator privileges.  Are there any commands or flags that I should use?  In other words, how can I reach administrator level from within cmd?

The only thing I can think of is run cmd, right click on that program at the bottom, and it should give you the option to run as administrator. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Okay so I found the launcher itself for cmd within windows/system32 to run as admin and will conduct the scan momentarily.

Result:  No integrity violation

Update:  Ran some command that was to repair windows or something, restarted the computer and Windows updated.  Not sure which one fixed the problem but now its fixed.  Thanks!