Intel vs. AMD!

I just love Intel (maybe i'm a fanboy) and i know that intel is expensive, but AMD is not doing so well with the high end systems. But thats my opinion :D

I just love Intel (maybe i'm a fanboy) and i know that intel is expensive' date=' but AMD is not doing so well with the high end systems. But thats my opinion :D

I feel the same way, except I think AMD will release something huge at CES. I just have a feeling.

AMD has an 8 core... Haven't seen an 8 core from Intel. And AMD is much more cheaper. But Intel is good too. Intel has their products, AMD has their products.
Intel do have 8 cores in some of their Xeon's, but you can't OC them :(

You can't compare AMD vs Intel until you got two processors made in the same year and which cost ALMOST the same.. otherwise its useless to compare..

Myself got a AMD 1090T and I'm happy with it.. i wouldn't trade it for some equal Intel CPU..

If you want to stay Cheap -> AMD

If you need this extra Performence -> go to Intel

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

AMD has an 8 core... Haven't seen an 8 core from Intel. And AMD is much more cheaper. But Intel is good too. Intel has their products, AMD has their products.
and they cost about 800$...

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Yeah, I don't really consider Xeon processors resonable.

Personally I like Intel most, but that's just because they generally have the best performance.

However I always recommend AMD to friends when they are looking for a decent computer but don't want to break their wallet.

If AMD steps up their game, my next rig will be AMD based. Let's just hope they come up with something good for CES.

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

Personally I like Intel most' date=' but that's just because they generally have the best performance. However I always recommend AMD to friends when they are looking for a decent computer but don't want to break their wallet. If AMD steps up their game, my next rig will be AMD based. Let's just hope they come up with something good for CES. [/quote']

If AMD get's out something appealing to me, I will be building ymself a full AMD rig :D

AMD especially if you plan on using the built in graphics which blow Intel's out of the water. The funny thing is that the majority of systems out there are not using dedicated graphics but still Intel takes most of the market. The ONLY time Intel makes sense is with workstations or heavy load environments.

1 Timothy 1:15

I prefer Intel, for the customer support, general speed, and just amazing processors! Although AMD does have pretty decent GPU's, I will hand them that

I prefer Intel' date=' for the customer support, general speed, and just amazing processors! Although AMD does have pretty decent GPU's, I will hand them that[/quote']

Very true. I have a dual 7850 setup in one of my rigs, and it's awesome!

Awesome! :D

Intel's market dominance is becoming increasingly problematic. CPUs cost more than they would and would be improved more quickly if x86 were still as competitive as it was in the early-mid 2000s.

I don't side with Intel or AMD--the problem is that Intel vs. AMD just doesn't really exist anymore. It's now just a shadow of what that fight used to be.

Intel's market dominance is becoming increasingly problematic. CPUs cost more than they would and would be improved more quickly if x86 were still as competitive as it was in the early-mid 2000s. I don't side with Intel or AMD--the problem is that Intel vs. AMD just doesn't really exist anymore. It's now just a shadow of what that fight used to be.

I totally agree. I also think that if the rumors are true about Nvidia-Intel merge. The DIY company choices will go away.

I prefer Intel, their cpus/processors aren't really that expensive for me and fits in the budget of a ~$1000 if I was starting all over.

What no Poll?

I have both, need to see what both can actually do for myself.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

What no Poll? I have both' date=' need to see what both can actually do for myself.[/quote']

Totally forgot about a poll!

My workstation, laptops, and esxi server are all Intel because i need the performance for these systems (for running vm's)

The data-server on the other hand has a AMD because its only for data and some other less intensive tasks.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Intel = Much faster

AMD = Good for cheap builds or mid range builds for multi-core usage.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

My workstation' date=' laptops, and esxi server are all Intel because i need the performance for these systems (for running vm's) The data-server on the other hand has a AMD because its only for data and some other less intensive tasks.

For servers, AMD+Linux are my favorite choices!

Intel = Much faster

I've always used intel cpu's and ATI Video cards in my own builds. I do however recommend amd processors to people from time to time.

Intel = Much faster

I've been happy with computers having either intel or amd but at the moment I'm running intel and I wouldn't want to switch for what is out there from amd.

Intel = Much faster AMD = Good for cheap builds or mid range builds for multi-core usage.

+1

Very true.