Is this 'old girl' worth upgrading?

Hi Guys,

Long time listener (YouTube), first time caller...

I built this PC quite a few years now at the time it was fairly decent but i'm out of touch since then i have been mainly using a Macbook and the PC got forgotten. Till now... My business is growing and i need a office/home/very light once in a blue moon gaming PC. My budget is low so i would like to use as much as i can from my old rig.

Things i want...

Dual 4k displays (i have already ordered one display and will order the next one when i upgrade)

I would possibly up that to 3 displays and a 4k wall mounted TV in the future but not at this time.

Able to multitask typical work flow would be... Streaming audio / displaying YouTube/Live TV etc, Displaying live weather feeds, Displaying news and stock feeds, chrome with loads of tabs, email, large PDF drawings, large excel sheets, google apps and some CAD.

The spec of the 'old girl' as follows...

Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD FX 4350 Quad core at 4.2GHz

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

2x 4GB DDR3-1600

AMD Radeon R9 270 (2gb mem)

Crucial 256gb M500 SSD1

Coolermaster case (small/medium size)

EVGA 500w PSU

Till i started writing this i couldn't remember the spec, so it looks like a new graphics card, two more 4gb rams and maybe a new PSU?

Budget is around £300

Thanks in advance 

Which gpu is that? The r9 290?

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

If the gpu is a r9 290(x) you could just upgrade to a i5 4690k and a new motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Which gpu is that? The r9 290?

tbh i have no idea, i just went on the AMD settings... All it says is R9 200 series... Memory is 2gb not 4 GDDR5 @1400Mhz

CPU and Mobo needs to be upgraded..

something like an i5 and a z97 mobo

PC SPECS :

cpu: intel i3-6100 @ 3.70 Ghz (stock) gpu: Sapphire Nitro OC R9 380 4GB motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2-CF

Case: NZXT S340 (glossy black) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz Storage: WD 1TB hard drive PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W

° ͜ʖ ͡°)  o baby yis....

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

I have upgraded slightly... 

Added 8gb of ram and replaced the stock cooler with a coolermaster liquid cooler and switched to windows 10.

I am overclocking the gfx card as much as i can with the gigabyte oc tool and have the CPU @ 4.9Mhz 1.45v solid as a rock. 

Running two 4k displays no problems. Not really tried any games apart from CS 1.6

To conclude, there is definitely a bit of life in the old girl yet :)