Best coolant to use? And maintenance procedures?

You may have heard about the charity builds i was planning. I am not holding my breath of having any high or final hopes, but IF companies agree to help I might go watercooling as these machines will be used for sustained folding

Now I ant to decide on coolant. Which coolant will provide the least amount of maintenance and be the least hassle free?

Also how often do you drain your loop? And if so, do you take the whole thing apart and replace blocks or just replace fluid?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

and be the least hassle free?

Little typo there I think ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Best coolant to use is distilled water (not drinking or mineral water). It's cheap, ubiquitous, and won't stain anything.

You should drain the loop and replace the water every 6-12 months. Maybe clean out the the loop every 2-ish years.

Draining the loop just replace the fluid. You don't need to replace blocks, rads, or tubing. That's just pointless

As how to drain a custom-water cooling loop, I don't know how to do that, someone tell me please

Remember to use a silver kill coil (or some sort of biocide), an anti-corrosive if you have different types of metal in the loop, and maybe a drop of dish soap to help get bubbles out.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

You may have heard about the charity builds i was planning. I am not holding my breath of having any high or final hopes, but IF companies agree to help I might go watercooling as these machines will be used for sustained folding

Now I ant to decide on coolant. Which coolant will provide the least amount of maintenance and be the least hassle free?

Also how often do you drain your loop? And if so, do you take the whole thing apart and replace blocks or just replace fluid?

Usually clear premixed fluids or distilled water with the apporiate biocide gives the longest life span, fluid changes though should be performed at most in 12 month intervals.

1. Use distilled water

2. Include a drain at the reservoir. Fill again from top of reservoir.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

these days, suggestion is to use a silver kill coil and pure water

Any Mayhems coolant.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Loool...you asking for it, aren't you?

No. I have built many systems for myself and others and have always used Mayhems, never had a single issue.... the only times you get issues is when using incompatible tubing in your loop and the Pastel coolant... AHEM jays2cents.  

Im currently using Pastel red and its been perfect.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

No. I have built many systems for myself and others and have always used Mayhems, never had a single issue.... the only times you get issues is when using incompatible tubing in your loop and the Pastel coolant... AHEM jays2cents.  

Likewise, I'm using their Pastel white ATM and it's been around 11months, maintaining and reusing fluid twice and still no issues.

@OP, premixed liquid I'd say, less hassle dealing with water and biocide and ratios, kill coil...tbh... but as you say it's for charity I can only guess cutting costs will be a igh priority?

Skip to the bottom if Cleaning Loops

No he wasn't using incompatible tubing. He was using Primochill which is completely fine. Some of that stuff does have issues. Some people have them, some people don't. Certain colors seem to be doing worse than others. I'm running the blue pastel right now but once I need to change it, I'm probably done with pastel. Cleaning a loop after using pastel is too annoying. You get all that residue that you have to scrub off. It looks really good but not worth it in the end imo. It's too much work. 

No he wasn't using incompatible tubing. He was using Primochill which is completely fine. Some of that stuff does have issues. Some people have them, some people don't. Certain colors seem to be doing worse than others. I'm running the blue pastel right now but once I need to change it, I'm probably done with pastel. Cleaning a loop after using pastel is too annoying. You get all that residue that you have to scrub off. It looks really good but not worth it in the end imo. It's too much work. 

I believe he said in his video he uses a small section of Tygon tubing in between the bottom rads (as rigid tubing would work). Tygon is on the "no no list" to use with Pastel.

I believe he said in his video he uses a small section of Tygon tubing in between the bottom rads (as rigid tubing would work). Tygon is on the "no no list" to use with Pastel.

No it was primochill in the bottom. Tygon was only after he switched to the primochill fluid. 

Distilled water.

5960x-4.4|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE-EK Block|2Smsng 850 EVO 500gb ssds Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmltake X9|Custom H20 cooling|Dell U3415W

4790k-4.7|AsusMxVIIH|16g DDR3-2400|EVGA GTX980TI SC-EK Block|Cru M500-240g ssd:500g WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 950W|HAF932Adv|Custom H20 cooling|BenQ BL3200PT