Requesting Custom Case Design

Moondrelor

So here is what I'm wanting guys, if anyone is willing to custom make it. I live in the United States.

Here is the components I am wanting. No, I'm not wanting you to tell me what to build.

I am listing the parts SOLELY for the person who is willing to build this case for me. So that they can make sure everything will fit.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($384.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($121.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-M WS Micro ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($263.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($115.00 @ Mac Mall) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  ($669.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1830.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-25 14:02 EST-0500 

Ok, now that that is out of the way. Here is how I want the case to look like a Cougar QBX, but with a double pane window, with sound damping material around the window. I want sound Damping material all over. Anywhere it can be placed. I want everything welded and shut made with aluminium. The 2 140mm fans on the H110i GTX will be pulling air from the front, and there will be a single 140mm fan in the back for exhaust, no top mounted fans or rads. I want the top completely shut. 

But here might be the challenging part, I want the PSU in its own compartment, and I want the GPU in it's own compartment, with ample air flow from the H110i GTX. I'm not sure how well this will go, but this is pretty much a small idea on what I'm wanting, if you have more questions please ask and let me know if you can build it, I will pay for your time and just let me know how much the material cost, please give a receipt for this, but before purchasing anything on my behalf, PLEASE message me first, I would hate for someone to go waste their money on this before I confirmed everything. 

Please reply here to keep the thread alive, and in the future, if any personal information has to be exchanged, please send it via private message.

I'm seriously wanting a custom case, some of my ideas might be asking too much, but please let me know, and no, it doesn't have to be exactly like the Cougar QBX, I just mentioned it as a base for you to get an idea on what I'm wanting. Something with clean lines like that, and maybe an intake like how Fractal Design does, but, I'm tired of typing up this as of the moment, so please let me know if you have any questions on the build. 

Please present ideas on what would be better for performance and quietness. Though I really want a window to showcase my hardware, but it's a must to be a double pain window to make sure much less noise escapes out the window. Materials I would love to see used through out the whole build. Aluminum and Glass.

You will need a 3D model, and a very large wallet.

How much does it normally cost to have someone, or to custom make your own case?

you sure you have several grand to spend on a custom case?

the parts in your list dont seem to indicate that....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How much does it normally cost to have someone, or to custom make your own case?

I don't know much about the prices, but I would imagine a few thousand. You'll need to pay a lot for labor, the model, prototypes, paint, materials, ect. Take a look at case labs.

blackshades on

you sure you have several grand to spend on a custom case?

the parts in your list dont seem to indicate that....

I'd be willing to spend a grand on my case if I could get it exactly how I image it.

I'd be willing to spend a grand on my case if I could get it exactly how I image it.

check out linus' custom case videos, i think he mentions who the manufacturer was

then you can contact them and get a quote

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If I was to do it, I'd charge you at least $2k, but I wouldn't do it as it sounds like a complete PITA and not worth the hassle. Not to be rude, just honest.

If you were to do it yourself, and wanted it to look and feel like a real production case figure $200-$500 in materials, $100 in waterjet time, another $50-$250 for CAD/CAM (CAD fees vary wildly for some reason even on simple parts, CAM is typically only $25 per piece) if you are unable to do so, and about 100 hours of your time. This is assuming you have a lot of tools and the skills to use them...

If you were to just connect a bunch of aluminum plates with pieces of angle and fasteners it could be done much easier/cheaper, but I personally wouldn't want to put a nice computer into a janky built case like that. Finishing seams, properly hiding fasteners, making pieces fit together perfect, etc. takes a lot of time, which costs a lot of money. 

Another option you may want to consider would be to buy a case with similar looks to the QBX that has mounting for a dual 140mm rad in the front and mod it. Cut the side panel out and install a window, install sound dampening padding, and build enclosures out of acrylic for your components you want separated. All of which could be done for about $100 in materials (plus case), a few fairly typical tools, and a weekend of your time.

check out linus' custom case videos, i think he mentions who the manufacturer was

then you can contact them and get a quote

All they build are basic boxes, aesthetics aren't ever considered. They are also crazy expensive... a few hundred dollars for a small box with 6 sizes and a few punchouts for I/O, $800 for a 4U server case. Had Linus paid for his case, I'd figure it is $1500-ish.