Corsair Link

namarino

It should be able to, yes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

if they are plugged into corsair commander mini or an H100i or something then yes

but not if they are connected to your motehrboard

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It cannot and to my knowledge nothing can. The 4th pin is used specifically to control the fan speed so without it there's either on (power) or off (no power).

The second pin is used to control voltage going to the fan. The third pin is to monitor RPMs. The fourth one is used for PWM control.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

The second pin is used to control voltage going to the fan. The third pin is to monitor RPMs. The fourth one is used for PWM control.

Wow, I wonder why my fans are not adjustable in Corsair Link then.

-KuJoe

if they are plugged into corsair commander mini or an H100i or something then yes

but not if they are connected to your motehrboard

Why is AI suite's Fan Xpert able to control those fans then? They are 3 pin.

I'm pretty sure the pump and Corsair Link is only setup for PWM fans, which means a constant 12v. So when you plug in 3 pin fans, it ends up running full speed. Corsair Link doesn't have an option where you can tell it you're using DC fans like you can in a motherboard bios.

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

Why is AI suite's Fan Xpert able to control those fans then? They are 3 pin.

because ai suite communicates with the AI control chip on the motherboard

corsair link does not have control of your motherboard fan controller

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

because ai suite communicates with the AI control chip on the motherboard

corsair link does not have control of your motherboard fan controller

I might have to challenge your claim based on Corsair's website:

Corsair Link Dashboard software allows you to monitor your system and gives remarkable control over your case fans, lighting, and compatible Corsair power supplies and Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers that work together for optimal cooling and performance.

Source: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-link-dashboard#page=fan-control

I might have to challenge your claim based on Corsair's website:

Source: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-link-dashboard#page=fan-control

oh cool i guess they added that feature in a newer version

so you can see the temps and rpms of motherboard stuff

Spoiler

I actually have Corsair Link. It cannot control anything that is not directly plugged into the pump. If you wired your case fans into a hub that is plugged into the pump, then yes.

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

I actually have Corsair Link. It cannot control anything that is not directly plugged into the pump. If you wired your case fans into a hub that is plugged into the pump, then yes.

Do you have fans connected to the motherboard or did you have some connected?