Watercooling Help

Hello guys,

I have a couple of asus 390 strix oc with dcIII cooling but cooling is not enough fans spin at 100% and temps still rise above 85 on the top card even underclocking them to 900 mhz with room temps around 25.

I am waiting for the new gpu's and the new amd cpu to upgrade my pc and go full watercooling but it is just so unpleasant gaming with fans constantly on the 85 % range.

I have 2 options buy air conditioning and blast it in front of my pc or go watercooling.

I made a list on ek website and its around 400 euros. without 5 fans.

is my list ok for cooling these 2 cards I assume that the fury and the 390 have around the same tdp and the fury cools with a single 120 having a thick 360 is plenty of cooling capacity

here is the list

Are you 100% sure the the waterblock is compatible with your GPU; using the EKWB comfigurator there's no EK Thermosphere support for the Stric OC.

afaik, there isn't a waterblock for the strix 390 dcu III

There aren't any full cover wb for the 390 StricOC (as of the time of this post), except for universal blocks that are only for the main die. Watercooling (if you haven't done it before) will be very challenging to get into if it's you first time, however, this will give you the lowest temps.

Really the simplest solution is, more case fans. More airflow, I'm not sure why you wen't with multiple internal exhaust GPUs as this is the consequence. I recommend that next time you choose a blower style set of cards if you plan to crossfire and not watercool them. Buy a few NF-F12s or any other good brand fan and put them in the front as intake, the rear as exhaust, the top as exhaust and the bottom as intake.

Rule of thumb is 120mm rad/per component + 1 extra for buffer, so as you initially mentioned- yes 360mm will be sufficient. 

Are you 100% sure the the waterblock is compatible with your GPU; using the EKWB comfigurator there's no EK Thermosphere support for the Stric OC.

afaik, there isn't a waterblock for the strix 390 dcu III

I must email ek to check but from the web site it is compatible

There aren't any full cover wb for the 390 StricOC (as of the time of this post), except for universal blocks that are only for the main die. Watercooling (if you haven't done it before) will be very challenging to get into if it's you first time, however, this will give you the lowest temps.

Really the simplest solution is, more case fans. More airflow, I'm not sure why you wen't with multiple internal exhaust GPUs as this is the consequence. I recommend that next time you choose a blower style set of cards if you plan to crossfire and not watercool them. Buy a few NF-F12s or any other good brand fan and put them in the front as intake, the rear as exhaust, the top as exhaust and the bottom as intake.

Rule of thumb is 120mm rad/per component + 1 extra for buffer, so as you initially mentioned- yes 360mm will be sufficient. 

yes after I did some benchmark I realized the mistake I made xD I have a cooler master haf x case and the stock 230 mm fan on the side of the gpu I dont know if putting 4 120's will help I did some test and adding air directly on them with a fan got very funny temps like bottom one very hot  (like air starving) and consequently also top one taking heat. maybe a PCI riser to get one card out of the way and preposition it some were else is a better  and cheaper solution.

yes after I did some benchmark I realized the mistake I made xD I have a cooler master haf x case and the stock 230 mm fan on the side of the gpu I dont know if putting 4 120's will help I did some test and adding air directly on them with a fan got very funny temps like bottom one very hot  (like air starving) and consequently also top one taking heat. maybe a PCI riser to get one card out of the way and preposition it some were else is a better  and cheaper solution.

Or you could get a case where the motherboard is mounted horizontally, it may assist with heat dissipated but that's in theory as there's no top and bottom card then. Here's a chap's build I know and he reported max temps of 65oC on his CF configuration