RS

asamin

Anyone on this forum still play this now 15 year old game? It's been a part of my life for 13 years and am looking for more people to play with.

Anyone on this forum still play this now 15 year old game? It's been a part of my life for 13 years and am looking for more people to play with.

Nah I stopped when I was a little kid, I miss the HC aspect in games these days so I was interested in getting into deadman mode but combat is just obnoxiously boring, along with training any skill. And I'm not a fan that high level pvp you HAVE to play all three combat styles by switching gear back and forth constantly mid battle.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Once they started changing the game like 10 years ago i stopped playing. I had a lvl 120 guy when the max was 126. Loved playing and then the changes screwed up the fun of the game

Runescape?Yes oldschool is fun

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

See, this is my problem! Everyone either wants the old game or plays OSRS. I accepted RS3 as a new game and tried it out and it was fun so long as I didn't sit around wishing it was something it wasn't. Now I'm level 125 and have been doing some pvm (for which I DO NOT ever switch combat styles) and it's a lot of fun. Queen Black Dragon is interesting with her mechanics and you have to learn how to dodge attacks and such. Much more interesting then sitting there watching two things hit each other back and forth until one falls over haha

See, this is my problem! Everyone either wants the old game or plays OSRS. I accepted RS3 as a new game and tried it out and it was fun so long as I didn't sit around wishing it was something it wasn't. Now I'm level 125 and have been doing some pvm (for which I DO NOT ever switch combat styles) and it's a lot of fun. Queen Black Dragon is interesting with her mechanics and you have to learn how to dodge attacks and such. Much more interesting then sitting there watching two things hit each other back and forth until one falls over haha

I play OSRS. Not a fan of RS3. Combat level 99.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

You know I was super excited for the changes they brought in rs3, my issue with it is it feels SO unresponsive to me. The way I view it is why would I play rs3 which feels clunky and unresponsive when I could go play a game like Path of Exile which is modern and totally f2p and has much more complex gameplay mechanics.

Edit* If they developed a proper client side version of the game that was as responsive as top down Arpg's are today I'd play rs3 allllllll day.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

You know I was super excited for the changes they brought in rs3, my issue with it is it feels SO unresponsive to me. The way I view it is why would I play rs3 which feels clunky and unresponsive when I could go play a game like Path of Exile which is modern and totally f2p and has much more complex gameplay mechanics.

Edit* If they developed a proper client side version of the game that was as responsive as top down Arpg's are today I'd play rs3 allllllll day.

It's really interesting you state that you want a better client side. Because they are soon to release a brand new client.... THAT FINALLY DOESN'T RUN ON JAVA! They've switched over to c++. Not only is the game looking way more beautiful, it's running WAY better. I can't wait for the release at this point. I am actually having to restrain myself from sending them begging emails to give me it now.

It's really interesting you state that you want a better client side. Because they are soon to release a brand new client.... THAT FINALLY DOESN'T RUN ON JAVA! They've switched over to c++. Not only is the game looking way more beautiful, it's running WAY better. I can't wait for the release at this point. I am actually having to restrain myself from sending them begging emails to give me it now.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to keep and eye out and see how it runs when they release it.

yep i play runescape, all 99's im currently training invention :) im perm muted on my account but i have several runescape teamspeaks that i hang out in, you can pm me if you want the addresses and we can chill and talk.