Buy i5-4690k now or buy i7-4770k later

So, I've saved up enough money to buy my new CPU. Nearly. But I've been wondering if I should really buy an i5-4690k or save up for a bit longer get an i7-4770k instead, because I can probably use the hyper-threading (Virtualization, rendering maybe), so would it be worth it to wait a little longer to get it? My main purpose for my new PC is gonna be gaming, and it's got a 970. Gonna keep the stock cooler too, get an aftermarket cooler later on for overclocking.

p.s. How different is the 4770k to the 4790k? Is there little to no difference or is it proper noticeable?

What is the price difference between the two?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

So, I've saved up enough money to buy my new CPU. Nearly. But I've been wondering if I should really buy an i5-4690k or save up for a bit longer get an i7-4770k instead, because I can probably use the hyper-threading (Virtualization, rendering maybe), so would it be worth it to wait a little longer to get it? My main purpose for my new PC is gonna be gaming, and it's got a 970. Gonna keep the stock cooler too, get an aftermarket cooler later on for overclocking.

p.s. How different is the 4770k to the 4790k? Is there little to no difference or is it proper noticeable?

4770K to 4790K Difference is yield and Temperatures, if you delid they are the exact same.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

i5-4690k is more already more than enough

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

i5-4690k is more already more than enough

You say that, but I constantly found myself being limited with a 4690K, such as not being able to watch twitch and play games while hostnig a skype call,and server hosting.

I wouldn't buy an i7-4770k or an i5-4670k, those seem to be real hit or miss when it comes to overclocking. The i5-4690k and i7-4790k seem to be much more consistently good overclockers. Unless you're getting a 4770k dirt cheap you should really be looking at the 4790k, which even in the worst case will still give you 4.2 GHz on all cores without an overclock.

What is the price difference between the two?

The 4690k costs £175 and the 4770k costs £235. The 4790k costs around £265.

The 4770k has thermal issues, to say the least... One of the 4790k's (and Devil's Canyon in general) strongest selling points was that it had better thermals xD

Well, like I say, gonna use the stock cooler, so lower temps are always better

You say that, but I constantly found myself being limited with a 4690K, such as not being able to watch twitch and play games while hostnig a skype call,and server hosting.

I constantly multi-task, so an 8 thread would probably be more beneficial to me

I wouldn't buy an i7-4770k or an i5-4670k, those seem to be real hit or miss when it comes to overclocking. The i5-4690k and i7-4790k seem to be much more consistently good overclockers. Unless you're getting a 4770k dirt cheap you should really be looking at the 4790k, which even in the worst case will still give you 4.2 GHz on all cores without an overclock.

Sounds good. Looks like I'm gonna be saving up for a couple of weeks. Damn it.

lol well there's your problem!  an i5 should be fine for the game but if you want to do all that other stuff too I'd recommend the i7 for sure

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

lol well there's your problem!  an i5 should be fine for the game but if you want to do all that other stuff too I'd recommend the i7 for sure

Like I said, you may think you only need an i5, when you really dont, luckily mine is coming back from RMA Soon and I can sell it and get a 4770K!