How many times can you use a windows 10 disk?

GrisKugen

Hey, I was wondering how many times a windows 10 disk could be used. I built my own computer so i bought a windows 10 disk. Now i'm trying to upgrade an old computer and would that disk work on that computer too?

The disc? For as long as the data can be read off of it.

The key? Single use, mostly.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

good question, i think win 10 is still free, so maybe you can use it many times

as many times as you want but i would only use your os key once or (on 1 pc at a time meaning having it installed on 1 pc at any given time)

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

The disk can be used until it breaks, but if you want to re-use the key you might be out of luck as the licence you bought is only valid for one machine. 

The license can be used to reinstall windows 10 unlimited time on the same pc. The disk(cd) until it's unusable. You can create a usb pendrive to reinstall windows 10 with media creation tool.

So i should buy a windows usb stick. Can that be stick and code be used more than once

The usb can be inserted multiple times to acquire the desired function. The license key can only be used once.

So i should buy a windows usb stick. Can that be stick and code be used more than once

Yes you can use it until the usb stick breaks, you still can download and create one your own with media creation tool. License is for only 1pc only, but it's most likely retail so that you can transfer windows license from one pc to another but the license is valid for 1 pc use at a time refer to my examples.

Example

Senario

1. Two pc one license - it will not work

2. My old pc died( using retail license)- transfer to a new pc -- yes it

will work( may need to call Microsoft)

3. Two pc, one off, one on- it will not work.

good question, i think win 10 is still free, so maybe you can use it many times

Doesn't matter. Install media is universal, not connected with key. Keys can only be used fr one PC at the time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv