What should I keep on my 120GB 850 EVO SSD?

Bob Jim

I have a 120GB Samsung 850 EVO as my boot drive. What should I put on it, other than the OS? How would I do the file moving and stuff to get the rest onto my 1TB Blue? Thanks

I have a 120GB Samsung 850 EVO as my boot drive. What should I put on it, other than the OS? How would I do the file moving and stuff to get the rest onto my 1TB Blue? Thanks

Very frequently accessed files. Or maybe one big open world game, like Skyrim.

In my opinion, nothing except windows. Since I always have more than 20G random crap on my desktop. :D

other than os.... maybe 1 or 2 games that you play ALOT. i keep FO4 on mine. just dont do games that have frequent updates like ark because it will wear out your ssd faster

other than that, mabe some software that you use frequently

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I have a 240GB evo and keep almost all my smaller programs on it. Most things wont take that much longer to load from your blue HDD so mainly things that you frequently launch. Browsers, startup programs, and things like java are a good place to start.

As for moving things, go to your user folder and right click on any folders you don't use as much. There should be a tab that allows you to move it to the location. Libraries and a few other folders work great as they will continue to show a sort of 'shortcut' in your user directory but will store data on the other drive. You can tell which ones are on the HDD as the titles will be in blue instead of black.