Should I update my gpu?

SteL

Hey!

As the topic states I'm looking for an answer to my question. Should I update my gpu? I'm currently running a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 2048mb. I can't run the newer games much above 60fps (1080p) anymore and I would also be able to run upcoming titles with pretty good settings and average fps! Thanks in advance  ;) (Oh and I don't want to overclock my gpu)

Here is my specs if that helps:

• CPU: Intel i5-4670k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 2x4gb DDR3 1600mhz
  • GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 2048mb
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi
  • Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1tb and OCZ Vector 120gb
  • PSU: Corsair CX600M
  • Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO

well you can pick up a used 970 for really cheap, so that would be a good deal

or wait for pascal imo

then if you can afford one of the new cards, great

if you cant, plenty of people will be selling their old cards for even cheaper

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hey!

As the topic states I'm looking for an answer to my question. Should I update my gpu? I'm currently running a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 2048mb. I can't run the newer games much above 60fps (1080p) anymore and I would also be able to run upcoming titles with pretty good settings and average fps! Thanks in advance  ;) (Oh and I don't want to overclock my gpu)

Here is my specs if that helps:

• CPU
    Intel i5-4670k
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX Blue 2x4gb DDR3 1600mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 2048mb
  • Case
    Fractal Design Arc midi
  • Storage
    Seagate Barracuda 1tb and OCZ Vector 120gb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX600M
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO

I mean, that card is still good, it should not be replaced because of age. 

Saying that, it was never a powerhouse. 

Upgrading to a GTX 970 or a R9 390 would be reasonable.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

I would say it's about time. But keep in mind that in about 4-9 months (big range lol) the next line of Nvidia GPUs are coming out, so don't spend a whole lot. The next gen will be aimed at above 1080p resolutions. A 980 ti will beast mode games right now, but probably not for long. I would get something like a 970 to hold you over till Pascal. As that's what I am doing. But I have a 750ti and I want to pass that down and have a 970 to pass down as well. 

eh. i'd save up until the next generation of cards (on both amd and nvidia side)

and *maybe* along with it upgrade that power supply to something better.

I would say it's about time. But keep in mind that in about 4-9 months (big range lol) the next line of Nvidia GPUs are coming out, so don't spend a whole lot. The next gen will be aimed at above 1080p resolutions. A 980 ti will beast mode games right now, but probably not for long. I would get something like a 970 to hold you over till Pascal. As that's what I am doing. But I have a 750ti and I want to pass that down and have a 970 to pass down as well. 

or just sit it out with toned down settings. a 970 is a very expensive card as a "stop gap" solution.

or just sit it out with toned down settings. a 970 is a very expensive card as a "stop gap" solution.

It would be if I didn't plan to hand it down. A 970 would be a lot better in my streaming PC than a 750ti. Because I'd prefer to run game native when I can. I have 3 systems and right now only 1 of them (my main with 750ti) has a graphics card that can play games.

It would be if I didn't plan to hand it down. A 970 would be a lot better in my streaming PC than a 750ti. Because I'd prefer to run game native when I can. I have 3 systems and right now only 1 of them (my main with 750ti) has a graphics card that can play games.

If you're going to continue to put it to good use you can't argue with a 970.

• CPU i7 4790k - 4.5 Ghz | Motherboard Asus Z97-E/USB3.1 | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) | GPU MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G - 1520 core/1811 memory | Case Corsair SPEC-03 Red | Storage Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | PSU Enermax 650W 80+ Bronze | Display LG 22MC57HQ-P | Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO