Liquid cooled CPU too hot

Recently bought a brand new x31 Kraken directly from the NZXT Armory. Once installed, I downloaded the CAM software and noticed that my idle temperature was ~70 C. In shock, I downloaded HWMonitor and both programs agreed on the same temperature. I ordered some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste and applied it, now my idle temperature is ~50 C. The odd part is that CAM is telling me that the liquid temperature is ~29 C. I figured that the problem was poor surface contact and tried remounting in every direction and experimenting with different amounts of paste. No dice. What else can I do to bump my temperature to at the least a reasonable range?

Additional Info:

- CPU is an AMD 7870K

- x31 Kraken has a 120mm radiator

- Ambient temperature in my room is about 22 C

pls help

Don't know. The only thing I can think of is make sure you have it on tight enough.

CPU: i7 6700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V @ 2400mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr | Case: Corsair 300r windowed | Storage: 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Monitor: BenQ xl2420z | Cooler: Corsair h60 | Sound: Astro A40 | Mouse: Razer Taipan | OS: Win 8.1 | PCPartPicker Link: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xV7tZL

What are your fans doing? I know with my H100i if the fans stay at their minimum RPM's and don't ramp up with CPU usage, it'll get toasty real quick. I only ramp them up to ~60% under full load, but it's all that's needed.