HIGH PING DECENT SPEED?

ChiefAloox

Hey guys, So with my internet when I play games like counter strike or call of duty garrys mod or anything I get high af ping (280ms) and then when I speedtest get 15 down 2 up (I know its not the best but Im getting fibre soon and I use to be able to play with 28 ping before and I didnt touch it. It started by itself some how) I contacted my isp and they are retards who have no idea what to do. Please help me solve this because I need to be able to do something while waiting for better internet

Thanks guys! 

Note: I'm not a genius so sorry for saying something stupid or that doesnt make sense just ask and I will clarify what i mean

More stress on an ISPs equipment = higer ping.

You can try resetting your devices but the issue is probably not yours to solve. Old copper is old copper... Look into it if you're interested. When were the telephone lines built in your city? In the fifties? Sixties?

More stress on an ISPs equipment = higer ping.

Its been doing this for the past 4-5 days and the modem hasnt been touched I called them so many f**king times and they say nothing they can do and checked the connection and they said its fine and that there is nothing wrong on their end?

You can try resetting your devices but the issue is probably not yours to solve. Old copper is old copper... Look into it if you're interested. When were the telephone lines built in your city? In the fifties? Sixties?

I have NO idea sorry haha I know the area I live in is one of the newer areas built 

Hey guys, So with my internet when I play games like counter strike or call of duty garrys mod or anything I get high af ping (280ms) and then when I speedtest get 15 down 2 up (I know its not the best but Im getting fibre soon and I use to be able to play with 28 ping before and I didnt touch it. It started by itself some how) I contacted my isp and they are retards who have no idea what to do. Please help me solve this because I need to be able to do something while waiting for better internet

Thanks guys! 

Note: I'm not a genius so sorry for saying something stupid or that doesnt make sense just ask and I will clarify what i mean

When you do a speedtest it often chooses the closest server geographically for you to ping. This is not necessarily true with games like cs:go. If the game server is halfway across the world then you will have a higher ping, it's a given. Of course there are things like WTFast that might help for extreme long distance connections but that's only if your high ping is caused by bad routing.

Its been doing this for the past 4-5 days and the modem hasnt been touched I called them so many f**king times and they say nothing they can do and checked the connection and they said its fine and that there is nothing wrong on their end?

I meant the ISPs backend.

When you do a speedtest it often chooses the closest server geographically for you to ping. This is not necessarily true with games like cs:go. If the game server is halfway across the world then you will have a higher ping, it's a given. Of course there are things like WTFast that might help for extreme long distance connections but that's only if your high ping is caused by bad routing.

I live in new zealand play australian servers and I have played them before with 24 ping and soo...

I live in new zealand play australian servers and I have played them before with 24 ping and soo...

Might be bad routing then, but that's just pure speculation. Also different servers that you play on if they're community will have different bandwidths depending on how they're hosted. The bottleneck might be on one specific server. Is the ping the same for everything?

Might be bad routing then, but that's just pure speculation. Also different servers that you play on if they're community will have different bandwidths depending on how they're hosted. The bottleneck might be on one specific server. Is the ping the same for everything?

Yes same, I doubt all games all of a sudden changed at the same date to where I cant play without 280 ping

Yes same, I doubt all games all of a sudden changed at the same date to where I cant play without 280 ping

What about servers outside of australia

Looks like I get the same ping as I always have on them (300+)