A good travel camera for filming

Hey guys,

In a year or so I will be leaving on a world trip. I want to be able to film my adventures but also taking pictures. I want atleast 1080p quality.

I have a budget of 600 euro.

The camera must be compact and have some decent video quality with stabilization and such. would be nice to have it weather resistance.

The camera I am now looking at is the G7X. Do you guys have any other camera choices? 

I want to travel lightly so I want kind of a compact and light camera.

RX100M3?

haven't watched it

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

e yo, dude - it's 21st century, can't your phone do that?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

snip

The Canon Powershot G7x is a good camera.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

snip

Are you simply recommending a camera for the sake of recommending a camera?  The G7x and the RX100m III have very similar specifications, and the RX100m III is nearly $200 more expensive.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Are you simply recommending a camera for the sake of recommending a camera?  The G7x and the RX100m III have very similar specifications, and the RX100m III is nearly $200 more expensive.

Well, when I looked at comparisons they cost about the same on release. Sony tax is real I guess.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So from the video it kinda say's that the g7x is the better one xp

They each have their own advantages over the other, but the price difference is not worth it.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/sony/rx100-iii/vs/canon/g7x/

Yeah, I have my budget, and I can get the g7x for just under 500 euro

but it's not a weather sealed camera, so I'll guess I have to find a secondary camera for wet conditions :P

Most compact cameras like these do not have serious weather sealing, there's just not much space left after compacting all those components into a tiny body.  However they can handle a bit of light rain.  You don't have to invest in an expensive rain cover, just get a plastic shopping bag and some rubber bands wherever you go, use your hands or a baseball cap to protect it from falling rain water.  There are even DIY stuff you can do to protect the camera.

The G7x is pretty small enough, similar in size to my old Canon S95, that I could use my palm or a folded newspaper to use as a rain shield.  Now of course this is only to protect it against water falling from above.  How about water splashing/spraying from the side, perhaps when you're riding a speed boat.  Simply enough, a small plastic bag and rubber bands that only the front of the lens is exposed. If you want to protect it even further, get a filter adapter and attach a UV/Clear filter in front.

Even professional cameras with serious weather seals, professionals really take care of their gear by using rain covers, plastic bags, umbrellas.  Just because a camera is heavily weather proofed doesn't mean we'd risk our multi-thousand dollar investment with carelessness.