Must reboot this system to complete a previous installation? help

Adrien Papa

so im trying to install AI suite 3 on my pc because i need it for the fan controller, i uninstalled the old one to get the new version but now when i run the set up i get this message "you must reboot this system to complete a previous installation. After rebooting, run the Setup program again". i have reset my pc like 5 times and i still get that message

so im trying to install AI suite 3 on my pc because i need it for the fan controller, i uninstalled the old one to get the new version but now when i run the set up i get this message "you must reboot this system to complete a previous installation. After rebooting, run the Setup program again". i have reset my pc like 5 times and i still get that message

Are you able to downgrade back to the older version?

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...

uninstall everything like this

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner

then restart

then redownload the program and install it again

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Are you able to downgrade back to the older version?

i have tried to do that still get the same message

i have tried to do that still get the same message

I am going to suggest trying Enderman's idea. If that doesn't work you may have a bigger problem hiding under the surface.

sadly it did not work

Alright, time to start using the anti-virus artillery! B)

Microsoft security essentials

Malwarebytes anti-malware

Spybot search and destroy

Malwarebytes anti-rootkit

Norton power eraser

Combofix (run this first unless you have windows 8+ sadly it doesn't work on the newer OS's)

i us

Norton power eraser

Combofix (run this first unless you have windows 8+ sadly it doesn't work on the newer OS's)

i used norton still getting the message after restart 

Norton power eraser

this is literally a new system i just installed the OS today

this is literally a new system i just installed the OS today

Then that is extremely weird. Can you reinstall and then simply install your AI suite 3 fan controller software without having to install the old version?

Is there another fan controller software you can use?

Have you tried contacting the software developer? Its possible something is wrong with the program.

Then that is extremely weird. Can you reinstall and then simply install your AI suite 3 fan controller software without having to install the old version?

Is there another fan controller software you can use?

Have you tried contacting the software developer? Its possible something is wrong with the program.

the thing i dont understand is that i uninstalled the old program and i have not contacted the software developers, im not sure how to haha 

the thing i dont understand is that i uninstalled the old program and i have not contacted the software developers, im not sure how to haha 

Sometimes registry errors will pop up or settings get changed that are hidden which can make reinstallation difficult. No matter what you do (short of a wipe and reload of your entire computer) there will always be some part of that program somewhere on your system. Most times it is benign information. Other times it can cause problem.

Find out who developed the software (google is good for this) then go to that companies webpage and find their support area.

Sometimes registry errors will pop up or settings get changed that are hidden which can make reinstallation difficult. No matter what you do (short of a wipe and reload of your entire computer) there will always be some part of that program somewhere on your system. Most times it is benign information. Other times it can cause problem.

Find out who developed the software (google is good for this) then go to that companies webpage and find their support area.

sure thing

• 3 years later...

As this continues to be an issue (as I ran into this today) I have found that deleting the C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ folder to resolve the inability to install an update to AI Suite 3, as well as uninstall. It does not appear to impact the ability for the program(s) to run, either, as neither did they cease running nor did the programs fail to launch and retain it's settings after a reboot.

I know this is a necro on the post but I'm quite sick of help posts going unanswered in perpetuity. Hopefully this helps someone, as this thread is search #2 in google.

Edit: I want to add that this behavior appears to stem from selecting "No, I'll reboot later" during the initial install, or subsequent upgrades. Best bet is to install AI Suite 3 or other Asus programs when you can reboot immediately after, to be safe.